Engineering & Technology
We seek to hire a Service Engineer who will be responsible for all plant Operations and Maintenance for these plants and report to the O&M Manager. The individual must have a measure of technical competency with an understanding of electrical engineering, ensuring safety and environmental inspections and preventive maintenance within Husk Power Plants. This position provides the opportunity to join a growing team that is changing the face of rural electrification in India and Nigeria.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Daily Monitoring of HMGs at Meters and System Portal.
- Ensure smooth operation of plants and meters.
- Initiate tickets to OEMs and follow up for early rectification.
- Maintain event log at HMG plants
- Health Check-ups and Maintenance of Plants.
- Train site electricians on the operation and maintenance of the system.
- Resolve Customer issues as per SOP.
- Play a key role as a member of the Mini-Grids O&M team to plan and monitor the day-to-day running of the plants to ensure smooth progress.
- Understand and manage sites’ performance to key performance metrics.
- Asset Management
- Ensures completion of technical documents; grid outages, onsite equipment problems, log entries, site visitation; safety and environmental inspections.
- Maintain daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly equipment healthiness checklist; Preventive maintenance planning; Shutdown planning; Daily reading logbook etc.
- Minimum academic qualification of Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of proven work experience in Infrastructure and Telecom industries
- Must have 2 years of experience managing a team of more that 5 people
- Track record of resilience and leadership in periods of uncertainty and volatility
- Learning mindset and are keen to deliver hands-on solutions in the field
- Build great relationships and are a strong verbal communicator (English & Hausa preferably)
- Problem solver and can identify issues and possible solutions swiftly.
- Ideally, execute based on direct instruction and under guidance from other members of the team.
- You have no issues working in (and living around) rural Nigeria and in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.