In this role, you’ll be expected to :
- Develop a deep understanding of our systems.
- Rigorous testing of our application and channelling feedback to the development team in a clear, structured way.
- Analysing test output, identifying discrepancies and clearly documenting defects.
- Writing test scripts to be used in the testing process.
- Working as a team to ensure that our system meets the set quality measures.
- Building and refining the company's testing tools and methodologies.
- Define and implement testing and verification strategies for both mobile and server platforms.
- Contribute to continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Work with customer service, product, and development teams to identify and track bugs.
- Review requirements specifications and provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Accountable for setting up and maintaining tools for test automation.
- Drive transformations in testing through automation to achieve higher levels of efficiency and reduce software testing time.
- Perform code reviews for automated tests for both mobile and backend components.
- Location: Nairobi/Remote
- Travel:less than 5%
- Compensation:Commensurate with experience.
- Education: Bachelors’ degree in any field but exceptions will be made for candidates who can show an exceptional track record in this area, Any certification on Software Quality Assurance will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience as a Software Quality Assurance Analyst.
Preferred Candidate Profile:
- Over 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Strong testing skills with the desire and ability to find bugs before others do
- Experience using software testing tools
- Experience building and working with automated testing
- Ability to differentiate between the developer’s and tester’s mindset
- Critical thinker with analytical skills and the ability to see the big picture while at the same time paying attention to minute details
- Hands-on experience with Agile Lifecycle Management Tools: Must be a self-starter, results-oriented, and a collaborative team player who can work with distributed teams
- Hands-on experience with Agile industry best practices, to include version control, automated builds, automated testing, and continuous integration
- Strong technical and analytical skills