- Organises and performs on-site the maintenance operations which are placed under his responsibility,
- Work with the teams to assists specialists working under Specific Maintenance Contracts (SMC),
- Ensures that COMPANY’s HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to Work Permits), as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during performance of maintenance operations placed
under his responsibility,
- Ensures that all maintenance and repairs to plant and equipment are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and in strict compliance with company operating procedures and any relevant statutory legislation in order to maintain all such equipment in sound and safe operating condition.
- Manages intervention reporting using the CMIMS,
Enters intervention reports in the CMIMS (including those concerning SMC) and writes the technical reports related to his field,
- Monitors the functioning of systems placed under his responsibility,
- Ensures that the transfer of knowledge by mentoring occurs properly within his teams, and actively participates in this himself,
- Manages the team of technicians directly under his responsibility,
Carries out, at the CSR request, any intervention within his field of competence.
- Takes in charge of the systems under his responsibility in case of breakdown until correct operation status is resumed.
- Identifies recurrent corrective maintenance interventions, analyses them, and suggests improvements,
- Keeps a critical eye on current preventive maintenance programmes and, if need be, suggests improvements,
- Warns support teams of any recurring problems related to the availability or quality of spare parts,
- Suggests improvements and requests modifications.
- Ensures adequate risk assessments and pre-work meetings for all activities and that all technicians directly under his responsibility contribute and comply with the risk assessments and pre-work meetings.
- Ensures adequate PPE and procedures are provided or generated for the tasks to be actioned.
- Actions numerous site checks to ensure safe working practices.
- Verifies the quality of his teams’ interventions by frequent on-site checks, and reviews all completed worksites to ensure technical correctness and site cleanliness prior to hand-back of the plant to the Production team.
- Ensures that the members of his teams have the qualifications and skills required for the tasks entrusted to them and, if need be, suggests corrective measures.
- The holder of this post must have the following qualifications:
- Higher National Certificate (HNC (A-levels + 3 years’ study) or BTS/DUT or equivalent,
- 3 to 5 years experience in the maintenance field on oil and gas production installations,
- Basic knowledge of the process of oil and gas treatment, installations and a thorough knowledge of the equipment used in oil and gas treatment installations
- The ability to lead and motivate multi-national teams,
- Pride in his work, ability to maintain good relations with colleagues and others,
- Physically able to work on offshore installations in the climatic conditions of the site,
- Languages: English necessary (score of >> 3.5 in standard Total test or Bright test or 780 in TOEIC), French an advantage.
- Must have proven ability as a leader of small teams.
- Perfectly competent and independent in his field, he must show common sense and organizational ability.
- Natural authority, founded on his abilities and on the trust, he has in his teams, is essential.
Specific technical knowledge:
Mechanical Tech: - Pumps, Compressors, Valves, Pipework, HVAC equipment, Electrical drive motors, etc.