As a Senior Backend Engineer in our Govern: Authentication group, you’ll play a key role in the implementation of various authentication strategies and improving access management for our users. The Govern: Authentication group works across many core components that are used by not only external users but also by the rest of the GitLab teams, allowing you to make a direct impact on GitLab product. Some examples of our projects: - Implementing support for Custom Roles - Improving automation access via Service accounts - Enhanced user management for Enterprise users
- Minimum Qualification: Others
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
- Contribute to the overall direction of Govern: Auth.
- Play a key role in the implementation and expanding of various authentication strategies into our product.
- Bolster security posture of our users and organizations by helping develop fine grained access control and frictionless user management.
- Solve technical problems of high scope and complexity.
- Help to define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Represent GitLab and its values in public communication around broader initiatives, specific projects, and community contributions.
- Provide mentorship for Junior and Intermediate Engineers on your team to help them grow in their technical responsibilities and remove blockers to their autonomy.
- Confidently ship moderately sized features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members.
- Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Improve the engineering projects at GitLab via the maintainer trainee program at your own comfortable pace, while striving to become a project maintainer.
- Significant professional experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience in a scaling or mission critical SaaS product.
- Familiarity with authentication and authorization technologies or techniques such as SAML, SSO, SCIM, LDAP, RBAC or IAM will help you stand out. These are not a prerequisite but great to know.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate complex problems and solutions
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process.
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.