The Rig Mechanic is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of all mechanical equipment as well as associated upkeep of the records and repair history and compliance in respect of their assigned operation, in close liaison with senior management and base support Equipment & Maintenance (E&M) personnel.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
- Responsible for following the Preventive Maintenance PM system and recording it in the maintenance system software.
- Responsible for conducting regular checks to verify if all mechanical equipment is in a safe and thorough working condition.
- Responsible for flagging up spare parts requirements for mechanical equipment.
- Report any misuse of equipment to the Maintenance Supervisor, Rig Superintendent, or Tool pusher.
- Carry out tasks in accordance with good engineering practice and Company policy.
- Monitor any mechanical equipment supplied by other contractors or subcontractors to ensure that it is suitable for use within the areas desired.
- Ensure that all equipment under their control complies with statutory requirements and is always maintained in a safe condition or is otherwise completely withdrawn from service.
- Safeguard the rig tools and instruments in their care.
- Carry out tasks as part of a multi-discipline maintenance team as operational requirements dictate.
- Stand-in for alternative work discipline as required.
- Update any drawings, sketches, or user manual information on existing and replacement equipment as required.
- Suitable skilled mechanical qualification
- Knowledge of local rules & regulations
- Minimum of 5 years experience of operating and repairing Drilling Rigs and their equipment desirable
- Experience in drive and control engineering/ maintenance/ design desirable
- Knowledge of spoken English is desirable
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to work constructively and confidentially as part of a team to achieve common goals.
- Must possess a valid IWCF Certificate
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.