The Production Manager will supervise the staff to ensure production targets, portion sizing, product quality and specifications are reached within their area of supervision. This role requires multitasking across a range of responsibilities, including production scheduling, implementation of product and process improvement activities, research, receiving and forwarding communications and production reports, and general coordination of the catfish processing, smoking and packaging sections. The Production Manager will act as the point of contact for all staff in the department, providing administrative support and managing their queries.
- Minimum Qualification: OND
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
- Documentation of all processes/tasks & activities
- Research and recommend innovative automated solutions for catfish processing operations, finished product packaging, and general innovative and improvement ideas
- Research, recommend and facilitate procurement of world-class commercial catfish processing equipment and automated solutions for operations
- New catfish product development
- Co-ordinate inventory management and production planning
- Identify staff training needs and development opportunities
- Plan staff scheduling & allocation to different sections – processing, smoking and packaging
- Validation of all raw material input (live catfish) and persistent rejecting & reporting of defective inputs
- Supervise compliance and adherence to standards for raw material input, tasks & processes
- Conduct quality control measures for all outputs at different stages of production
- Oversee facility and equipment service routine check-ups
- General reporting – stock level, production plan, staff schedule, staffing needs, equipment inventory etc.
- Minimum academic qualification of OND in Agricultural Engineering or related course
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in commercial kitchen or Food processing industry
- Valuable experience in central processing operations and business process optimization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint for reporting and documentation use
- Stamina to work long hours
- Ability to multitask
- Leadership/Supervisory skill
- Coaching skills
- General HR management
- Ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Strong organization skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Strong leadership skill
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.