Engineering & Technology
As a Platform Engineer, you must be able to work in an ambiguous environment with an optimistic attitude, that can easily (and happily) wear many hats. You are able to uphold our company’s principles and values while adding to our unique culture.
- Minimum Qualification:Others
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Maintain, scale, and monitor existing infrastructure, including bare metal servers, cloud machines, and a Kubernetes cluster, to allow Chorus One to provide secure and reliable industry-leading Proof-of-Stake validation services.
- Institute monitoring and alerting systems for infrastructure.
- Enable other team members to attend to and troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- Take all steps required to ensure maximum availability and uptime of maintained blockchain networks. This includes routine and emergent application updates, monitoring of systems, timely response to alerts and on-call phone calls, as well as rapid response to mitigate site outages.
- Develop software related to blockchain data extraction or interchain communication, on an as-needed basis.
- Reason about and improve the security properties of infrastructure. Secure key management, server hardening, and intrusion detection are important themes.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related subject is a plus, but not strictly needed.
- Strong Linux skills, including a deep understanding of the kernel and user space.
- Strong networking skills, including a deep understanding of routing, forwarding, and load-balancing.
- Has prior experience with a range of orchestration and configuration management tools. We use Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform and Salt.
- Is able to develop tooling, and monitoring solutions where none exist and can debug unreliable software – many of the projects we run are of alpha quality.
- Possesses good knowledge of security as it relates to bare metal and cloud-based infrastructure.
- We expect candidates to know one programming language, in addition to Bash. Popularly used languages in Chorus One are Python, Golang and Rust.
- Is able to work independently, with a high level of ambiguity and undefined requirements.
- You are able to work the following timezone: Switzerland +/- 6 hours.
Salary: USD 80,000 - 150,000
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.