Plant Technician, Electrical
WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ is leading the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future.Â We WÃ¤rtsilians help our customers unlock the value of energy transition by optimizing their energy systems and future-proofing their assets.Â Did you know WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ has delivered 74Â GW of power plant capacityÂ and more than 80 energy storage systems in 180 countries around the world?
In this fast-changing world of energy, we are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societiesÂ through innovation in technology and services - together.Â Want to join the ride?Â
We are looking for a Plant Technician Electrical Â to join our West Africa OperationalOrganization and based in Calabar, Nigeria , and you will be reporting to MaintenanceÂ Manager.
Your role and responsibilities:
As a Plant Technician ElectricalÂ ,Â daily duties include but are not limited to:
- To carry out routine and preventive maintenance of W50 DF engine as per the OEM recommendation
- To carry out Operation and Maintenance of W50 engine (UNICS/WECS)
- Operation and Maintenance of Auxiliary equipment (Pump, LFO/HFO/Lub oil Separator, Alternator Small generator, Firefighting equipment, RO Plant, Booster and Transfer unit, Radiator ,MCC,DBB, etc)
- Equipment maintenance data and Logbook updating on daily basis, Maximo updating,
- Monitoring of equipment health and reporting to his supervisor.
- Spare part planning, follow up and optimize the cost
- To do the 5s and housekeeping activities in the plant and maintain the plant premises.,
Requirements:5 years of similar experience is needed in power plant or utility maintenance. National Diploma or a higher national diploma or bachelorâs degree in electrical engineering. Thorough understanding of QHSE principals.
Why you and us:
We at WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ believe in empowerment, ownership and taking responsibility of our work. We support each otherâs growth and co-creation is the true basis of our innovation. We have courage to see opportunities and take initiative. We are authentic and honest, and we strongly believe in a diverse and inclusive work community where everyone can be their true self. We donât always get it right the first time, and if mistakes are made, we make sure to learn and grow from them. We want everyone to voice their opinions freely. That is why we have built an environment that empowers you and everyone around you, and where you can feel safe and cared for.
Are you eager to be part of this ambition?
How to apply:
Contact & next steps
Submit your application before the deadline through our Careers portal. Applications through email will not be considered. After submitting your application youâll receive a confirmation email. We try our best to get back to everyone within 2-3 weeks after application deadline.
In case of any questions, reach out our Regional Talent Acquisition Team atÂ
Last application date: 26/10/2023
At WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ we value, respect, and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.