ABOUT OUR CLIENT
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the expanding team of a foremost Heart and Vascular centre in Nigeria. Our client is a privately-owned medical practice specialising in the provision of first-class services in cardiovascular medicine. With a track record of being the best, our client’s vision is to continue to be the best of the best in the area of cardiovascular services in Sub-Saharan Africa. Therefore, they emphasize the “CULTURE OF EXCELLENCE” and EXCEPTIONAL PATIENCE EXPERIENCE, using the mantra for “The Best in class”. Hence their goal is to recruit like-minded individuals who believe excellence and will contribute towards achieving their vision.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Cardiologist, you will be responsible for diagnosing and treating diseases of the heart and its functions by: examining patient for symptoms indicative of heart disorders using medical instruments and equipment; as well as studying diagnostic images and electrocardiograph recordings to aid in making diagnoses, prescribing medications and recommending dietary and activity programs, as indicated. You will work with the patient's primary care physician and other doctors to devise a workable medical strategy.
● Provision of sub-specialty heart failure service activity, working closely with the
multidisciplinary team and coordinating services within secondary care, and developing
further links with primary care.
● Prescribe appropriate medications and therapies to patients.
● Provision of complex echo activity, including stress echo, transesophageal echo, and 3-D
● To provide ward cover on Coronary Care and Cardiology wards, shared with Consultant
● To undertake Outpatient clinics as often as required.
● Pursue ongoing and continuing education to stay on top of the latest research findings.
● Design a treatment plan for all patients
● Supervision and education of junior doctors, nurses.
OUR ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
● Holder of the Fellowship of Nigeria, West Africa College of Medicine or any other internationally recognised college of Medicine.
● Ability to provide expert clinical assessment and management in all aspects of general cardiology
● Ability to take full and independent responsibility for the clinical care of patients.
● Evidence of advanced training in the field of specialist interest
● Specialist Society accreditation in appropriate sub-specialty e.g. BSE accreditation for echo.
● 5+ years of residency
● 3+ years practicing as a Cardiologist
● Extensive knowledge of modern cardiology practices and technology
● Extreme attention to detail
● Caring and compassionate bedside manner
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Willingness to travel to other hospitals
● Ability to work on-call shifts
● Experience of research relevant to Cardiology.
● Ability to apply research outcomes to clinical problems