- The role is to provide high quality executive personal assistance and administrative support to the Managing Director. Provide an efficient and responsive administrative, organizational, and logistical service to the Managing Director, helping him to manage and prioritize his time.
- This position will be of key importance within the organisation and the successful candidate must have previous experience within a fast-paced customer-facing environment. The job holder will need extensive knowledge of the organisation, including the company's aims and objectives.
- The Managing Director will rely heavily on the jobholder, trusting that work will be handled effectively and efficiently in his absence. Discretion and confidentiality are therefore essential attributes of this role.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Managing Director including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments, plan, coordinate and ensures the Managing Director’s schedule is followed and respected; acts in a “gatekeeper” capacity, creating win-win situations for direct access to CEO’s time and office.
- Composing and preparing correspondence; monitors and responds to emails; researches required information or background on organizations and individuals.
- Sets up meeting files, scheduling and calendaring meetings, sets meeting agendas, setting location, time, and appropriate duration, identifying, inviting and confirming participants, facility arrangements where required.
- Prepare travel arrangements, expense reports, and all items needed to ensure the Managing Director’s successful focus on external relations and organizational growth.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Managing Director, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Consult with the CEO in determining the appropriate course of action, referral or response.
- Provide a bridge for clear communication and maintain credibility, trust and support between the office of the Managing Director and staff.
- Work closely and effectively with the Managing Director to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, and follows up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the internal and external environments and keep the CEO updated.
- Draft acknowledgement and thank you letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization. Prioritize conflicting needs; handle all matter expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Manage the Managing Director’s office ensuring the proper documentation and record-keeping on behalf of the CEO.
- Filter general information, queries, phone calls and invitations to the MD by redirecting or taking forward such contact as appropriate.
- Occasionally travelling with Managing Director to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during business trips.
- Deputizing for the Managing Director, making decisions and delegating work to others in his absence.
- Ensure the Managing Director is fully briefed on, or prepared for engagements he is involved in.
- The job holder may be required to perform other ad-hoc tasks that may be deemed necessary.
- A good university degree.
- Minimum of 6 years relevant experience at senior level in a well-structured organization.
- Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- High understanding of Dignity and Diversity in the workplace
- A good deal of common sense, etiquette and an ability to think on one’s feet
- Excellent typing skills, speed and accuracy essential
- Good computer literacy (MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Professional telephone manner
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Bright, confident personality
- Well presented
- Highly personable
- Flexible and mature approach with the ability to work unsupervised
- Willing to travel