The Network Support Engineer is responsible for monitoring and supporting the network infrastructure deployed by the company for the State Government. The post holder might occasionally be required to provide installation support.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 2 years
- Conduct best practice research and review relevant case studies with the aim of identifying current/emerging industry trends.
- Contribute towards the monitoring and support of network infrastructure (Switches, Radios, Cisco Call Manager, IP Phones, etc.) in accordance with international standards.
- Contribute towards the management of faults.
- Manage the network fault resolution process.
- Manage and periodically report on network activities (e.g. configuration & maintenance, capacity planning, hardware upgrade, etc.) with recommendations for improvement in line with Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Maintain regular interactions with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure holistic partnerships and customer service/satisfaction.
- Continuously analyze existing business and industry trends with a view to identifying potential business opportunities.
- Research and propose new/ innovative ways of supporting and managing network infrastructure.
- Contribute to the effective monitoring and support of network infrastructure (Switches, Radios, Cisco Call manager, IP Phones, etc.).
- The post holder may be required to take on other responsibilities in line with business demands.
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical/Electronics Engineering or a related discipline is desirable
- Professional certification is desirable (e.g. CCNA, etc.)
- Minimum of 2 years relevant working experience
- Basic knowledge of network types (LAN, WAN, MAN) is essential
- Basic knowledge of Health & Safety at Work practices
- Ability to adapt to a fast-changing environment and industry
- The ability to think strategically with an eye for detail is essential
- The ability to communicate and manage relationships at all levels across the business is essential
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills are essential
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills are essential
- Organizing, prioritizing, and multitasking are essential.
Remuneration: NGN 180,000 -190,000 monthly.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.