The function shall include, but may not be limited to the following, which may be revised from time to time as indicated by changes in operational requirements.
- Provide a coordinating role in the receipt and dispatch of goods and materials received on the facility in support of day to day operations.
- Maintain a clean and efficient stores regime.
- Maintain onshore warehouse and inventory in conjunction with the Onshore Logistics Coordinator.
- Review inventory levels in conjunction with facility HOD’s to provide a cost effective method of support.
- Ensure accurate and effective manifesting, receival of materials by adopting high standards of documentation and record keeping.
- General Inventory and logistics administration, documentation and record keeping for reporting to management as required.
- Responsible to the Maintenance Superintendent for ensuring that all activities within the spare gear and consumable stores are effectively co-ordinated in support of day to day facility activities.
- Follow up on purchase orders still outstanding beyond the agreed delivery date.
- Provide timely materials and spare parts status reports for planned work activities
- Make arrangements for dispatch of materials or equipment to shore base in liason with the Onshore Logisitcs Coordinator.
- Provide adhoc training on supply chain issues as a computer interface to ensure smooth flow of activities
- Responsible for conducting regular routine inventory stock checks, turnover and advising the Maintenance Superintendent of any immediate shortfalls in primary consumable spare parts and materials.
- Familiar with road, sea and air transportation documentation requirements associated with the transport of dangerous or hazardous goods.
- Review supply and logisitics procedures in relation to onshore supply base operations.marine and aviaition.
- Be aware of and uphold company policy regarding “Health,Safety and Environment” and “Environmental Protection Policy”.
- To provide support during emergency response in the function of heli-administration duties.
- Offshore Supervisors for determining priorities, clarification of MSR, confirming specifications and verification of delivery to field.
- Technical Supervisor for day to day guidance and direction
- Supervisors and staff including the Onshore support office.
- Logistics Coordinator for movement of materials in/out of warehouse, onto/from supply boats/helicopters.
Qualifications and Experience
- Certification relevant to the Purchasing/Materials Procurement Industry.
- Must be computer literate, clerical duties will involve date entry, word processing and filing.
- Demonstrated good interpersonal skills.
- The ability to plan and organise resources.
- At least ten years in the field of materials supply and logisitics within the marine or offshore hydrocarbon industry.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative without supervision.
- Warehouse and stores set up and planning strategies.
- Dangerous goods storage and transport.