A day in the life of...
- Coordinating with Operational Buyers (OBs) to ensure timely conversion of purchase requisitions to purchase orders and initiating call-offs when due; ensuring the accuracy of the material requirement plan by the prompt rescheduling of overdue orders on the system by the OBs.
- Coordinating bi-weekly strategic Material Requirement Planning meetings to drive action plans on issues relating to raw and packaging materials cover.
- Accountability for the effective execution of inbound material management and the optimization of inventory levels and cost, while initiating a culture of continuous improvement.
- Responsible for accurate parameters in the system and adherence to health checks to maintain data integrity for raw and packaging materials on SAP.
- Supporting management decision-making by providing simulated alternative supply scenarios and adjusting plans in case of unexpected changes on raw and packaging material availability.
- Reviewing and maintaining strategic stock policies in line with the other constraints in collaboration with the Factory Planning Manager, Warehouse Manager, Strategic Buyers, and Production Manager.
- Ensuring zero write-offs of raw and packaging materials by planning accurate usage in the tactical horizon.
What will make you successful:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in an Engineering course or Social Sciences.
- 1 - 3 years work experience.
- A data-driven individual with good analytical and numeracy skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Power BI, Microsoft Office Excel and Power Point.
- Effective Communications skills (Oral and Written).
- Forward-thinking individual with a great degree of proactiveness and innovation.
- Good interpersonal skills and tenacity.