The role is responsible for the planning, coordinating, and directing activities of Workshop managers and overseeing the daily operations of the maintenance department, making sure it runs smoothly and effectively, in compliance with all maintenance and safety standards. The duties include keeping track of truck maintenance, spare parts quality checks, and technician management in the department with a detailed view across all the workshops in the organization with a bid to achieve adequate truck availability at all times
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
- Create, review, and implement maintenance/workshop policy and procedures to drive operations according to set standards
- Co-ordinate the use of resources for maintenance (operational and human)
- Manage the inward spare parts quality control
- Regularly report progress on maintenance units across the country and take any management feedback for corrective actions
- Ensure that the maintenance department has adequate manpower for its activities at all times
- Act as a technical adviser on key projects and other areas of the business as requested.
- Receive and review feedback from internal customers (operations dept.) and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction
- Develop and implement systems to record, file, and store information pertaining to client inquiries or audits
- Identify and implement staff training needs & opportunities to ensure skills are improved and drive the implementation of required training
- Track expenses oversee the budget for maintenance take appropriate remedial action to correct
- Provide feedback to staff/teams that are not performing to the expected level using the approved
- Performance Measurement System and take appropriate action with Human Resources
- Promote a Health and Safety culture in all the workshops
- Ensure regular inspections of the trucks are conducted to detect and resolve problems.
- Advice management on spare parts purchase in terms of quantity and quality
- Analyze reports on returned, repeated jobs and tasks weekly and take appropriate action
- Liaise with Heads of Operations and Finance on truck maintenance-related issues
- Planning & implementation of transit breakdown procedures
- Coordinate the management of third-party repair vendors
- Report all observed safety issues & participate in programs to keep operations safe
- Perform all other tasks as may be assigned by Management
Key Outcomes of the Role:
- Use integrity to build successful teams
- Use integrity to foster professional relationships and improve overall efficiency and availability
- Elimination of return jobs
- Moderation in transit breakdown
- BSc or equivalent qualification in Mechanical, Automobile Engineering, or any Sciences related course.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in maintenance and at the management level of handling a workshop.
- Strong knowledge of machines and equipment management and repairs
- Professional Certification(s) or Affiliation is an added advantage if available
- Analytical mind with accurate mathematical computational skills.
- Project and people management skills.
- Strong interpersonal & negotiation skills.
- Awareness of internal and external customer needs.
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Excellent written & verbal skills
- Proficiency in MS Office tools usage
- Keen attention to details
- Ardent time management skills
- Sound technical skills and understanding of trucks and repair standards
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.