- Draft, review and negotiate third party agreements, contracts and service level agreements between the Bank & provide legal opinion before execution
- Liaison with necessary law enforcement agencies as may be required from time to time
- Interpretation of laws, regulations and courts decisions as they affect the Bank and or services rendered by the Bank
- Provide legal support and documentation and protect the interests of the Bank from legal liability and, as necessary, to provide legal defense in cases filed against or instituted by the Bank
- Provide all necessary legal and advisory services
- Issue legal opinions on regulatory, institutional and financial issues arising from the interpretation of documentation relating to the Bank
- Manage all assets presented as collateral security and liaise with the Nigerian Police Force and other enforcement agencies for repossession in line with the Bank processes and procedures
- Support the Bank Recovery Unit to guarantee an effective recovery process in line with the Bank policies
- Work with and provide support to other members of the Legal Team
- Attend and observe client interviews and court proceedings as required and submit a report to the Legal Manager
- Handle any legal issue(s) regarding the Bank and perform other duties and responsibilities, as may be assigned from time to time
- Conduct research and analysis of legal problems
- Encourage and promote compliance culture within the organization and with customer
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Law
You will need to have:
- Growth mindset: Responding positively to challenges and continually seeking new and better ways of approaching things.
- Collaboration: Drives alignment and team work within a team, department. Combines resources and joins efforts to achieve company-wide goals.
- Drive for Results: Tenaciously pursues positive outcomes, using effective approaches to solve problems. Delivers on commitments and seeks increasingly challenging work. Takes responsibility and holds others accountable for actions, decisions and goals.
- Trusted Advisor: Conveys professional depth and breadth and builds strong client relationships. Effectively influences clients.
- Judgement/Leadership skill: Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgement; includes appropriate people in decision making process, makes timely decisions and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Interpersonal skills that enable you to work with people at all levels, motivate others and change people's attitudes when necessary.
- At least 3-5 years post NYSC experience in a debt recovery role; preferable with financial services or microfinance
- Good analytical negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computer application packages
- Outstanding leadership abilities
- Working knowledge of small credit, SME marketing, enterprise managing.
- Demonstrable analytical and critical thinking skill.
- Work experience in the banking/finance industry will be an added advantage
- Age requirement being between 25 – 35 years.
- Must have a field and office personality.
- Ability to identify opportunities for growth.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, databases and information systems
- Articulate with exemplary written and verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritize high-value tasks, time management and project management skills
- Excellent people skills, ability to build rapport, business acumen and exemplary work ethic and integrity
- Demonstrates ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work in a fast paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Strong organisational and teamwork spirit.
- Proactive, tenacious and strong ability to prioritise.
- Collaborative and a strong communicator.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and multiple complex priorities.
- Ability to move ideas to implementable action plans.
- Joins the dots for self and others and can articulate the bigger picture.
- Any of the gender.
- N 180,000 - 200,000/month
Benefits and Perks
- Bonus and commissions are given subject to management’s discretion
- Telephone Allowance
- Educational Resources
- Annual Leave