Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow.
- Preparation of weekly financial reports including forecasting of profits, cash and payroll.
- Assistance in the preparation of books and files for audit and declaration of VAT and payroll taxes, including compliance with payment deadlines.
- Formulate Systems/Procedures
- Income Audit – Ensuring that all sales are recorded accurately.
- Payroll – Highlighting/generating reports for individual departments within each property addressing problem areas. Processing payroll and ensuring that rostering, timesheet input, and payment via EFT are conducted in an effective and efficient manner.
- Cash/Bank Control – Ensure that all cash is managed and reconciled correctly and that there is a system in place for controlling the handling of cash throughout each property.
- Accounts Receivable – Ensure that the system of recording, invoicing, and chasing of payments is done in an effective manner and that each property’s debtor is tracked and monitored periodically.
- Accounts Payable – Supervision of creditor process to include monitoring of PO system from sign off to matching of delivery dockets and invoices to sign off on creditor reconciliations at month-end.
- Pro-active contribution to the overall property management with a particular emphasis on the maintenance of the control environment and cost management.
- Provide guidance and training to all managers and staff on all procedures including cash, purchasing, debt collection etc. to ensure strict adherence to financial controls.
- Ensure compliance with all departmental/company procedures and highlight issues if necessary.
- Work closely with the team to ensure understanding of departmental financial reporting, wage percentage, and gross profit.