Head of Boarding School
Research, Teaching & Training
Undertakes the duties and responsibilities of a house parent as stated in the generic job description and supports the Vice Principal Secondary in implementing the aims and objectives of the school in accordance with the Grange School Strategic Improvement Plan, The job holder will also undertake any other responsibilities as may be reasonably required by the Head of Pastoral Care or a designate.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:8 years
- Work with the Head of Secondary, to ensure that the Grange School minimum standards for boarding schools are fully met in accordance with International Standards and inspection regulations.
- To be responsible for ensuring the Grange School minimum standards for boarding schools are met.
- To be responsible for the overall management and organization of the boarding house and its routines, including, accommodation, resources, maintenance, and development of facilities.
- To be responsible for health and safety in the house and liaise with the Resident Nurse responsible for health and safety on site.
- To manage the delegated budget for the boarding house in association with the Head of Secondary and the Finance Manager.
- Communicate effectively with all parents of boarding students.
- To regularly review and update documentation relating to the boarding house ‘Parent’ and ‘Staff’ handbook and crisis file.
- To lead, manage and support all boarding house staff.
- To take line management responsibility for staff in the boarding house under the school's performance management arrangements.
- To oversee the continuous professional development of staff within the boarding house.
- To take responsibility for liaising with support staff/sub-contractors when working in the house.
- To be responsible for monitoring and reviewing routines in the boarding house.
- To liaise with external agencies/partners to ensure the safety and welfare of all boarders’ is met.
- To ensure that House Parents liaise with boarders’ teachers to ensure that every boarder fulfills their academic potential and inform staff of any issues relating to boarders’ performance.
- To contribute to and ensure that the aims and objectives of the Boarding Development Plan are implemented.
- To be responsible for the care and welfare of the boarders’ in the house and to engender a feeling of respect and trust between boarders and the staff working in the house.
- To keep the Head of Secondary fully informed of any issues relating to students or other matters in boarding.
- Minimum academic qualification of University degree in Education, Education Psychology, and or a related field
- 8 years of working experience in an International School Environment
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written form
- Planning and organizational skills
- Reliable and thorough with a deep commitment to accuracy
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Exceptional time management skills
- Excellent knowledge of child protection policy
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.