- Identify and determine the feasibility of possible mergers & acquisitions and conduct due diligence on target companies.
- Plan and establish the strategic and financial rationale for guiding the process of identifying potential M & A partners
- Perform full scope due diligence on potential M & A partners, preparing the necessary transaction documents, and following through with regulatory approvals as necessary.
- Perform financial analysis including business economics, valuations, deal structure and sensitivity analysis.
- Coordinate with internal/external advisors in the negotiation of letters of intent, memorandum of understandings, definitive agreements.
- Identify issues for purchase price reductions, deal structuring or deal termination and manage subject matter experts in legal, regulatory, tax and accounting and operational implications of transactions.
- Identify post-acquisition action steps to achieve anticipated revenue/cash flow commitments and support the development of integration plans and managing post-closing integration.
- Monitor, track and report other merger and acquisition activities to senior management.
- Strategy Development
- Driving execution
- Cultivating Networks
- Knowledge of the global business environment
- Business presentation Skills
- Financial acumen
- Data/information management
- Products knowledge
- Marketplace research & knowledge
- Communications Skills
- Stakeholder management
- Project Management
- Knowledge of extant regulations & provisions
- Research Orientation
- Benchmarking & Survey Administration
- Business Consulting
- Knowledge of Banking Operations
- Risk Management
- IT appreciation & application
- Interpersonal relations
- Analytical ability
- Decision quality & Problem-solving
- Attention to Detail
- Our companies Ethics & Values
- Continuous Learning
- Drive for Results
Qualifications & Requirements
- First degree in a relevant discipline; Preference for a postgraduate degree or other professional qualification (though not essential)
- At least 7 years working experience in a related industry