Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee the audit process and make any necessary recommendations to change policies, implement new systems and ensure strict compliance.
• Execute Internal Auditing process within the company activities.
• Provide audit report and make recommendations where necessary
• Maintain a report systems.
• Develop audit program to implement and review existing audit program to meet new established structures in the company.
• Suggests action to correct system or process weaknesses and lack of internal control.
• Check efficiency and knowledge of procedures’ in the company’s service delivery and activities.
• Design and implement control mechanisms across the business.
• Monitor compliance/adherence to company’s policy and assists in evaluation of system’s control.
• Detect and Prevent fraud with the sole aim of safeguarding the company’s assets.
• Identifies internal control gaps in business procedures, processes or systems and initiates appropriate remedial action.
Core Internal Audit Functions
Audit duties cut across the following units:
Accounts & Finance Dept:
• Conduct check and verification of payable and receivable accounts to ensure improving/complying with established policies and procedures
• Conduct prepayment audit review of payment vouchers and supporting documents
• Conduct post-payment audit on bank/cash operations and verify payments to third parties
• Participate in audit follow up review, special audits, loss and fraud investigations
• Support Account in the following arrears:
• Review of Management Account/Company’s Annual Report
• Review Annual Budget
• Bank Reconciliations
• Ensure compliance to relevant tax laws (local & international) and professional standards (books of account and financial statements)
• Support in providing quality control checks on products
• Accurate documentation of stock and inventory
• Systematic and thorough details to vetting of supply invoices.
• Effect Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly/Yearly Product and Sales Audit as applicable.
• Prepares audit report (weekly/monthly/quarterly/Yearly) for management.
Internal Control Functions:
• Actual inventory audit of branches, stores and warehouses. Submit reports monthly
• Stocktaking across all branches
• Do audit trail of all transactions on ERP BUSY and make necessary reports
• Checking to ensure products are properly priced to avoid revenue leakages (random checking of sales orders and other relevant documents)
• Weekly reconciliation of products/ inventory across all the branches
• Providing a positive control environment
• Identifying potential risk areas
• Implementing timely corrective actions
• Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by Executive Management.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
• Knowledge of Accounting and Finance Principles and Practices
• Knowledge of a variety of reporting procedures, regulations and law
• Planning and Time Management
• Effective Communication and Leadership skills
• Critical Thinking and Analysis
• Tenacity and Ethics
Experience and Education:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting & Finance or other closely related field.
• Certified Internal Audit (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
• 10-12 years’ experience in Auditing or Accounting; 7 years in a Management role