Tender Years Preparatory School (TYS) is a British-Nigerian school in Abuja that was established in 2005 and has maintained an outstanding reputation for the personal growth and academic excellence of its pupils. This has been accomplished through the efforts of dedicated staff, small classes, a secure environment and a rigorous curriculum. We pride ourselves on the good behaviour of our pupils and the depth of parental involvement.
We are looking for a HEAD, EARLY YEARS TEACHERS who will be responsible for maintaining a positive and appropriate educational environment and create a programme that meets the needs of the school.
- Create a developmentally appropriate program for our students
- Develop weekly lesson plans, activities and class set-ups
- Assess children’s needs and development
- Closely follow licensing regulations related to child care and secure the safety of all children in our programme
- Provide guidance to instructional staff to help resolve issues with students when necessary
- To promote the social, academic, moral, physical and emotional development of each child in the safe, caring and stimulating environment of the school.
- To lead and support staff in delivering the Early Years curriculum through development matters.
- To supervise the assessment of the children and ensure that adequate resources are made available to the Nursery/Foundation Stage
- To act as a full member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) representing the interests of the Nursery, Pre Reception and Reception children, staff and parents.
- To promote a safe, stimulating and caring Early Years learning environment and to work with the team to provide high-quality care and to promote and maintain high standards of good professional practice.
- Set priorities and coordinate action plans for the early years teachers.
- To support the Headteacher on all occasions. Keep the Headteacher up to date with ongoing developments in person and /or in writing.
- To implement the Framework for the Early Years and Foundation Stage.
- Initiate, manage, monitor and evaluate change within the department in order to improve practice.
- Must have 10years experience
- Must have experience in British curriculum
- Minimum Qualification of MBA / MSc
- Must be able to use MS Word.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Please send your CV and cover letter to using (HEAD, EARLY YEARS) as the subject of the mail.
Qualified candidates outside Abuja that are willing to relocate should apply