Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee customer support processes and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Identify and mitigate operational risk.
- Establish operating rules and policies and monitor compliance.
- Thorough knowledge of bank operations functions
- Monitor and supervise daily operations to ensure a free flow process.
- Create a strong professional workforce by developing competent individuals in the banking operations team.
- Cash management and provision.
- Oversee the booking of loans and other banking activities in compliance with due process
- Ensure client data is protected from the public and secured against fraud by enforcing access rights and verification levels.
- Collaborate with heads of other units to develop best practices for successful banking operations
- Ensures the branch and vaults are opened and closed on a timely basis.
- Enforces dual control procedures at all times.
- Facilitates teller buys and sells to the vault and balances vaults.
- Maintains monthly efficiency logs.
- Oversees teller duties and assists line with customer transactions during peak periods.
- Audit teller drawers and prepare teller disciplinary notices as required.
- Schedules tellers for adequate coverage at all times.
- Performs pre-audits to ensure ongoing adherence to compliance procedures.
- Maintains and tests alarms and other security devices.
- Stay informed of all deposit, business and consumer loan products.
- Maintains adequate cash supplies at the facility.
- Balances and troubleshoots ATM/debit card concerns.
- Maintains proper teller and vault cash levels.
- Reports facility/building concerns to maintenance.
- HND/BSc/ in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Evidence of completion/ exemption of/from NYSC
- MCB Certification is compulsory
- Minimum of 5 years of banking experience in related job roles.
- Prior managerial experience in a similar role or capacity
- Analytical and practical understanding of workflow, capacity planning/optimization and process implementation
- Metrics-driven mindset
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Knowledge of all regulatory policies and procedures
- Ability to recognize problems and apply Risk Management techniques to address them
- Strong planning, organizational and time management abilities
- Excellent Leadership, team management, developing and mentoring
- High-level influencing and interpersonal skills
- Relationship building, negotiation, problem-solving and troubleshooting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
To supervise all Tellers, Customer Service Officers, Funds transfer/Cash Officer, Central processing Centre and IT.