We seek to hire a Geologist to join our team. The applicant will gather and analyze geological data.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 1 year
- Plan geology projects (e.g. oil extraction, water pipe construction) and field sampling events
- Survey sites and create logs (e.g. borehole) and maps using GIS
- Gather and analyze geological data
- Coordinate research programs
- Examine the composition of samples and specimens
- Measure and test fossils, rocks, soil, ores and other material with the proper instruments (e.g. X-rays)
- Write reports on findings
- Conduct quality control on the suitability of material (e.g. metals for construction purposes) and inspect projects
- Study sites for developments, formations, hazards, and composition
- Investigate and evaluate natural resource deposits (e.g. oil)
- Consult on various geology-related issues like waste management, resource management, gas extraction techniques and more
- Ensure environmental and other regulations are met in construction and production projects (e.g. oil wells)
- Degree in Geology or Geoscience.
- Proven experience as a geologist
- Experience with various geological techniques like mining, boring and numerical modelling
- Experience using geology software (e.g. ArcGIS, Rockware) and other data and modelling tools (e.g. Adobe Illustrator, GoCAD)
- Familiarity with environmental regulations
- Good knowledge of the attributes of ores, soil, minerals and other materials
- Ability to handle and analyze data and 3D models
- An analytical mind
- Attention to detail
- Great communication skills (oral and written)
- Organizational and teamwork ability
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.