Research & Investment Strategy
• Maintain a universe of Pan-African Sovereigns and Corporates; create and execute universe entry and exit rules.
• Develop a strong understanding of the coverage region through on-the-ground research, and by cultivating a strategic network in the coverage countries.
• Develop periodic Strategic Asset Allocation (SAA) based on sound portfolio optimization methodology for the approval of the IC.
• Identify opportunistic or tactical plays as they arise based on sound market intelligence grounded in a credible strategic outlook.
• Execute trades in line with our frameworks and deliver value to the portfolio via the execution process.
• Maintain relationships with trading counterparties in order to ensure we get the best market prices.
• Closely monitor and work with our trading and operations teams to ensure we obtain value for all our transactions, entitlements and corporate actions
• Review and monitor the NAV calculation process for accuracy and timeliness.
Quantitative Research & Analytics
• Identify drivers of return by analyzing the predictive powers of different datasets and data combinations using advanced statistical tools and technological methods.
• Build quantitative factor models along with other team members that help predict and forecast market performance.
• Develop a detailed understanding of portfolio analytics and apply the knowledge to security selection and risk management of our funds.
Fund Distribution & Marketing
• Prepare and maintain investment strategy pitchbooks and product sheets for products under your management.
• Communicate with the Wealth Advisors and Investment Consultants about the fund and ensure they remain up to date on fund performance and fund strategy.
• Participate actively in global road shows that would assist in the fund-raising process.
• Sit on panels and communicate the vision of the fund via various media channels eg CNBC, Channels, in collaboration with the branding team’s marketing strategy.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in Economics, Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics or other quantitative field.
• A minimum of 5 years experience in research, fund management, investment banking or investment management with a top global or top 10 local investment firm.
• Master’s degree and CFA are an added advantage.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
• Knowledge of fixed income calculations is preferred.
• Excellent investment analysis software user.
• Advanced financial analysis and modeling sills.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Strong strategic skills.
• Excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work with financial projections and calculations.