· This position reports directly to the CEO and serves as an integral part of the management team.
· The ideal candidate will have previously worked in an equipment leasing, microfinance or microinsurance institution.
· As Finance Manager, the candidate will be responsible for monitoring and evaluating overall corporate strategy with the CEO and other determents with emphasis on bottom line performance, working capital/liquidity and enhancing shareholder value. This position will manage the Accounting and Finance team and provide Senior management with useful insights to help make better decisions on formulating and executing corporate strategy.
· The candidate will manage the Accounting and Finance team and will design and implement operational controls and reporting procedures to ensure a high performing Accounting and Finance team.
· The candidate will be required to professionalise and streamline the Accounting and Finance department, enabling rapid growth by significantly improving financial systems, risk management, operational efficiency, controls and KPIs.
· Responsible for full day-to-day management of Accounting and Finance function, Shareholder relations and supporting future capital raising rounds.
· Support the CEO and investors in additional fund raising, due diligence, mid-term financial planning and exit strategy
· Establish KPI's and reporting metrics
· Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for senior management and investors
· Create monthly and quarterly budget and forecast for each department
· Effectively lead the Accounting and Finance team by developing and coaching existing team and by hiring and retaining top-grade talent
· Manage the accounting team to ensure that clearly defined processes for Accounts payables, Accounts receivables and Debt recovery are followed
· Develop and implement a financial risk management policy
· Assess and predict financial risk and returns
· Advise senior management on Financial policies
· Think ahead of regulatory policy changes
· Assist in contract negotiation with suppliers
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance related field
- ICAN or ACCA qualification
- Minimum of 10 years’ working experience, with at least 5 years in Management capacity spanning Accounting, Finance, Business Planning, Operations and Reporting with excellent knowledge of banking and insurance business.
- Previous experience working in a microfinance, equipment leasing or microinsurance institution will be advantageous
- MBA and CFA will be advantageous
- Knowledge of statutory and regulatory issues as well as global best practices
Skills and Competencies
- Strong budget and management skills, including proven ability to manage project/process.
- Strong knowledge of Accounting software such as Quickbooks
- Ability to develop Financial projections
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task.
- Excellent ability as a consultant/negotiator to influence company senior management and Board of Directors.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, multiple priorities, and demanding Customers, in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment.
- High degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality.
- Strong oral, written interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong People skills- Building Collaborative Relationships, highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skill.
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic advice and input across the company and on the executive team.
- Creative and forward-thinking skill.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work within and manage a team of professional, guiding and coordinating towards achieving common objectives.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Strong ethics.
- Responsible for presenting and reporting accurate and timely historical financial information of the Company.
- Responsible for capital planning and allocation as well as balance sheet and Cashflow optimization.
- Reports financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analysing variances; developing improvements.
- Coordination of financial reports within the Company.
- Demonstrates an excellent understanding of business finance and performance analysis.