The Field Service Engineer is responsible for providing technical assurance and guidance during the development and detailed design of TEL projects, plants, and client installations. The work includes, but is not limited to equipment design, site preparation, foundation design, structural steel design, and building design on existing plants and new installations. The FSE will evaluate the assigned contractor’s deliverables to ensure the designs are safe, fit for purpose, and meet industry codes and project specifications. This role will also monitor the design, construction, and maintenance of TEL’s installation and plant upgrade works.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 4 years
- Participates in assigned phases of the technical development, design, and implementation of site construction and plant maintenance works.
- Participates in project development efforts by coordinating quality assurance reviews and providing feedback on engineering documents and drawings to ensure compliance with applicable codes, standards, and specifications; recommends the implementation of efficient construction techniques and scheduling to ensure readiness for early works to support project construction
- Monitors and provides project status updates to project management and project development; advises on conditions and activities that may impact the development, completion, or performance of projects and facilities.
- Participates in project meetings, reviews, and workshops; performs quality assurance reviews and inspection of design and effectively applies knowledge of safe-work processes and procedures to ensure the design and installation are safe.
- Process all Project Close-out information and send a report on same.
- Manage field/plant maintenance, designs, construction/installations, and implement approved engineering designs as required.
- Diagnose and resolve all issues relating to project/construction issues with equipment/machinery.
- Oversee repairs and technical improvements on TEL plant and client installations to ensure continuously improved plant/equipment efficiency.
- Research and implement new systems upgrades and technology on TEL plants and client installations.
- Any other responsibility that will be assigned by the management from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical / Civil / Structural or any other relevant engineering discipline
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in construction and plant maintenance within the Oil and Gas industry.
- Proficient in the use of at least 2 relevant industry software like PDMS, Aspen HYSYS, STAAD Pro, PIPESIM, OLGA, and AutoCAD.
- Proficient knowledge of the industry codes, regulations, and standards
- Membership in relevant professional bodies will be an advantage.
- Able to provide guidance and direction to a project team
- Able to recommend solutions to technical issues during performing assignments
- Able to comprehend and interpret technical information applicable to the assignment / task
- Able to create functional and cost-effective designs that meet project requirements
- Able to analyze and interpret civil/structural/marine /Process drawings
- Demonstrates proficiency in understanding project planning
- Proactively communicates across work groups to resolve barriers and applies sound technical skills
- Conducts work in a professional manner
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills, builds positive relationships
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Creative and innovative
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.