We are looking for a Facility/Maintenance Officer to join our team at Redeemerâs High School in Mowe, Ogun State, Nigeria. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in ensuring a safe, functional, and aesthetically pleasing environment for our students and staff.
Redeemerâs High School is a renowned educational institution committed to providing a comprehensive and enriching learning environment for our students. With a strong emphasis on godly values, academic excellence, and character development, we strive to prepare our students for a successful future.
The Facility/Maintenance Officer is responsible for the effective maintenance, continuous improvement, optimum performance and safety of all school facilities. The role ensures smooth and efficient facilities services to the school whilst optimising facilitiesâ performance and maintenance expenses against pre-agreed targets.
- Oversee the day-to-day maintenance and operational needs of the school facilities.
- Perform routine inspections and maintenance checks to identify and address any issues promptly while also ensuring a safe and aesthetically pleasing environment.
- Coordinate and manage repairs, maintenance, and building projects including acting as point of contact with external vendors and contractors.
- Develop and implement a preventive maintenance program to extend the life of equipment and facilities.
- Estimate the required time and cost of materials for maintenance, repairs, and renovations for the purpose of informing budgeting, planning and accountability of actual project costs.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations, maintain necessary documentation, keep accurate manual and electronic records of maintenance activities and report on key performance indicators.
- Supervise a team of maintenance staff, providing training, guidance and support as needed.
- Coordinate appropriate facilities set-up and technical equipment for a variety of activities either within the school or for outside use as required.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Proven experience in facility management and maintenance operations
- Strong knowledge of building systems, equipment, and general maintenance practices
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in basic computer applications and facility management software
- Good analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Must be well organised, detailed and customer (internal and external) oriented.
Educational and Professional Requirements
- Bachelorâs degree in Engineering, Building Technology or Estate Management.
- Membership of relevant professional body (for example, International Facility Management Association - IFMA or British Institute of Facility Management - BIFM) is an advantage but not a requirement.
How to Apply
If you are excited about this opportunity and meet the qualifications outlined above, please submit your CV and complete the application form.
The deadline for applications is September 28, 2023.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.