- Responsible for the management of services and processes that support the core business of the organization.
- Oversees all day-to-day facility management operations, including communication systems, security, cleaning, health & safety, mechanical, electrical & building services, procurement & office services, space management, including through the management of external contractors in all properties within & outside the region.
- Track, analyze & improves key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, schedule compliance etc.
- Using best practice to improve efficiency, by reducing operating cost while increasing productivity.
- Responsible for financial accountability & management, resource management with respect to facility management & procurement costs/expenses for all properties.
- Project Management, supervising & coordinating of jobs carried out by contractors.
- Ensure delivery of maintenance services in a safe, timely & cost effective manner.
- Ensure the use of good quality materials, good finishing with prompt attention.
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise.
- Assist management in formation & implementation of policies for management of properties for optimum generation of return on investments.
- Ensure that operations are in compliance with established procedures, policies, government and statutory regulations and codes as it affect property maintenance.
- Establish property management plans, preventive maintenance policies & procedures & property operation manuals.
- Acknowledges & endorses job completion certificates upon satisfactory completion of maintenance activities.
- Liaises and coordinate service providers on all premises on maintenance issues and also ensuring the use of good quality materials, good finishing with prompt attention.
- To ensure a better mode of reporting, escalating and resolution of issues for easy tracking.
- Proper documentation of maintenance issues handled in the past for accurate accountability.
- Put in place best practice Facility Management Agreements with third party FM managers, consultants, and clients.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Performance Area Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Timely response to issues.
- Provide quality vendors & ensure quality management of different aspects of maintenance as they arise.
- Effective cost and time management.
- Resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Ensures quality control in the delivery of maintenance and installation job.
- Good management of resources.
- Relationship Management.
- Ability to manage subordinates, FM Consultants, Technicians etc. to get the best from services rendered.
- Ensures a high level of satisfaction from clients as it concerns facility.
- Good relationship with team members.
- Reporting: Prompt delivery and submission of daily, monthly and quarterly maintenance reports.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent Leadership & People Management skills.
- Excellent team building skills.
- Excellent planning skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to multitask & work under huge pressure.
- Project & Change management skills.
- Analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Industry and market intelligence.
- Good customer relationship management skills.
- Attention to details.
- The Facility Manager should have a minimum of second class lower in the Engineering, Sciences and Estate Management field.
- A minimum of five (5) years cognate experience in a renowned corporate organization is required and likeably a Master’s degree.