Engineer, Asset Health & Operational Audit
Engineering & Technology
Husk is seeking an Engineer, Asset Health & Operational Audit to join the Engineering team in Nigeria. This individual will play an integral role in systems integration and management for remote monitoring purposes for our locations.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
- Play a key role as a member of the Engineering Team in systems integration and management.
- Support the integration and engagement with approved service providers for site operations.
- Support the optimization of various Husk NG activities to ensure best practices are entrenched towards more efficient processes.
- Support information and data gathering/analysis to support the Mini-Grids/Marketing Teams for market intelligence insights within and around proposed mini-grid locations.
- Support in driving “Best Practices” across the business. Once a “Best Practice” has been identified, ensure that the practice is visible nationally and to another subsidiary.
- Support in negotiating solutions, resolving conflicts, and providing solutions in the best interest of HUSK Power Systems, and our clients and employees across potential mini-grid locations.
- Assist in the training and mentoring of new employees where necessary.
- Understand the priorities of the country operations and support the Country Team when necessary.
- Provide requisite support and inputs on building and aligning various company processes and policies according to global best practices.
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
- Work with the larger Engineering/Software Team (NG and India) on the integration of Husk's in-house proprietary IOT systems to drive remote monitoring for HMG and other locations.
- Work with the relevant Teams (both internal and external) to establish, configure and test various integrated operating systems, application software, and system management tools.
- Support Mini Grids/Marketing/Customer Engagement Teams to integrate work tools and other support systems to ensure seamless systems operation.
- Maintain a repository for all data and insights from Husk integrated remote monitoring system for easy access when required.
- Understand and oversee any system integration needs as required.
Asset Health Monitoring
- Provide regular system performance updates to the Operations/CE/HMG Teams for any requisite action and to drive actionable insights.
- Work with the Operations/CE Team to guide basic troubleshooting across HMG and other locations when required with respect to O&M processes for installed systems.
- Ensure regular and timely system updates to ensure rapid response to any system issues.
- Serve as one of the contact persons along with other relevant Teams for all integrated service providers for the resolution of any system-related issues.
- Evaluate existing systems regularly and provide technical updates as required.
Process Automation and Design
- Support in the possible automation of various processes with the Engineering, Software, and other relevant Teams to drive process efficiency.
- Understand and support system sizing/design discussions for both HMGs and C+I clients jointly with the Engineering and other relevant Teams to ensure relevant system integration planning.
- Analytics and Generating Actionable Insights
- Utilize analytics throughout the function to accomplish strategic goals.
- Use data to inform decision-making for strategy development and adjustments as necessary.
- Minimum academic qualification of a HND/BSc degree in engineering or sciences.
- Post-graduate degree and/or related professional qualifications are considered a positive.
- Minimum of 2 - 5 years of experience within the renewable energy sector supporting systems integration and management activities.
- Must have deep industry knowledge and be able to provide relevant inputs on optimizing the delivery of project activities
- Must have a clear understanding of what it takes and means to sell ‘power’ for business operations to clients
- Familiarity with relevant software.
- Excellent problem-solving skills are required
- A clearly defined strategic thought process and a continuous improvement mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent people skills, able to manage, motivate and discipline if necessary.
- This position requires risk analysis, critical thinking, and the ability to provide solutions to the benefit of the company, and projects.
- Ability to influence through data and business analysis.
- Operationally focused; detailed oriented but able to grasp big picture.
- Excellent skills with MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and project management tools (MS Project, Asana, Slack etc)
- Most importantly, candidate must fit company spirit where people work smart, play hard, have fun and are dedicated to success.
- Ability to drive a vehicle during the normal course of business. Must possess a driver’s license, and maintain a clean driving record with the ability to pass a driving background check.
Attributes and Skills:
- Ability to develop and update professional knowledge and skills quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to apply professional knowledge and skills in the advancement of business objectives.
- Proven proactive approach to systems integration and management.
- Quickly and successfully implements changes and improvements in operational activities and services.
- Effectively carries out tasks that are required by the Global Leadership and Nigeria Management team in addition to carrying out own role.
- Adapts to changes in company strategy whilst developing own strategy to achieve a personal goal of competently developing projects.
- Assesses own development needs and develops self to improve job performance and fulfil future potential. Contributes to the team ethos of Company.
- The ability to evaluate and convey complex information to others in an effective manner through concise communication skills and clear presentation skills in both verbal and written contexts.
- Physical Demands
- Have a full range of mobility in the upper and lower body
- Could work in outdoor weather conditions at certain times
- Have adequate visual and hearing acuity to follow instructions, and determine the accuracy of the work assigned
- Ability to work in rural, peri-urban locations as required.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.