- Develop and monitor a credit control system in collaboration with sales and marketing, finance, and executive team members.
- Establish policies that follow customer service best practices while ensuring customers submit payments on time.
- Check consumer credit reports, approve or deny applications and communicate decisions to the appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Negotiate payment plans with consumers and set Credit terms and conditions accordingly.
- Maintain loan records, conduct regular analysis of the credit-control system and implement changes as needed to reduce bad debts.
- Report any payment issues to management or the appropriate team.
- Follow up on overdue invoices and payments and implement company collections procedures as necessary.
- Look for ways to improve debt collection processes.
- Understanding of the end to end Accounts Receivable process
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including Management
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Tenacity and ability to have difficult conversations
- Willingness to escalate debt issues
- Intermediate computer software skills, including Excel and Accounting packages