- Manages and oversees capital and operating construction projects and initiates including departmental budget and forecast for staffing, equipment, materials, supplies, and capital and operating projects funds related to capital and operating projects.
- design strategy and set goals for growth and also work closely with the stakeholders of the business for operational and strategic decisions.
- Lead the real estate project development, team
- Responsible for the business budget and projects’ profit and loss
- Analyse the real estate sectors to identify the best strategy and development plan
- Gather, prepare, and present information to the senior management on proposed projects in order to obtain approvals
- Develop and cultivate relationships with landowners, brokers, potential business partners, and professional organizations
- Manage, coordinate, administer, and negotiate the best deal structure for the business
- Analyse and understand local ordinances and zoning codes to determine development parameters
- Develop, monitor, and report detailed budgets, schedules, and status on projects while maintaining and updating the senior management
- Manage all activities between stakeholders, consultants, and contractors in order to deliver projects within scheduled timeframes and budgets
- Prepare business development documents, presentations, and briefing. Prepare, evaluate and present robust financial modelling and analysis to value projects and terms: develop, participate and deliver high-level impactful presentation and conclusion to senior management and key stakeholders.
- Participate in deal construction and negotiations.
- Work closely with leadership and cross-functional members of the management team to drive and implement corporate strategy and long-range planning based on current portfolio opportunities and risks, financing needs and organizational capabilities. Assist in identifying portfolio, financing and/or organizational gaps and plans for how to best address them.
- Initiate new business opportunities and assesses and monitors workload, administrative and support systems, and internal reporting relationships; identify opportunities for improvement; directs and implements changes.
- Directs department projects including setting policies, goals and objectives and determines priorities to meet those objectives.
- Advanced principles and practices of project development, implementation and administration
- Principles and practices of transit system construction and development
- Principles and practices of construction project management
- Principles and practices of budget preparation and administration
- Principles and practices of contract negotiation and administration
- Principles of supervision, training and performance evaluation
Minimum Qualifications & Education:
- 8-10 years of relevant work experience in a management role which must include four (4) years of management experience
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Architecture from a recognized university with a minimum of upper credit
- MBA is an added advantage
- PMP is also an added advantage
- People Leadership skills
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Strong negotiation skills
- Problem solver – ability to identify problems and bring issues to resolution proactively
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize and meet commitments
Salary Range: Competitive and Negotiable