The Communications Manager will be responsible for:
- Creating compelling and targeted content for the Slum2School brand across necessary platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube, Blog/Website, Google, etc.)
- Building (grow) and managing Slum2School’s community across media platforms.
- Providing strategy for Slum2School’s visual storytelling unit
- Liaising with external media houses (print, editorial, electronic, etc.) to strengthen and improve brand awareness, visibility, and program/campaign results.
- Managing Slum2School’s internal communication (memos, email updates to volunteers, etc.)
- Managing external communications with stakeholders (email updates to stakeholders)
- Ensuring the optimization of all Slum2School’s content for global reach and visibility
- Developing copies, press releases, strategy for successful fundraising campaigns, recruitment campaigns or any campaigns run by the organization.
- Running targeted email campaigns, digital ads, to meet the organization’s fundraising goals.
- Monthly reports and assessments of strategies, outcomes, the impact of media, and communication strategies
- Liaising with volunteer teams in the Brand Management, Media & Communications Department to deliver on the goals for the department.
- Collating content and publishing Slum2School’s Annual Report
Qualifications & Requirements:
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Effective brand communicator; especially for non-profit organizations
- Proven record as an effective content marketer
- Strong portfolio in creative content creation and visual storytelling
- Minimum of 2 years - 4 years experience as a communications/media manager (or a similar role)/or a strong portfolio as proof of impact realized in the required role.
- Understanding of the Slum2School Brand
- Passion for creative storytelling
- Email Marketing Skills
- Proven Digital Marketing Skills
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Skills
- Data Analytical Skills (E.g., Google analytics, social media, etc.)
- Time Management Skills
- Reporting, writing, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Good team player and ability to lead a team.
- Ability to use Lightroom, presets, relevant editing applications, and technologies.
- Use of Canva, CorelDRAW, Photoshop adobe, and other applications for graphic designs is a plus.