We seek to hire a Clearing and Forwarding Manager to join our team
- Minimum Qualification: HND
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
- To ensure proper submission of customs documents required to facilitate clearing of imported cargo. Where the required documents are not available, the incumbent is to initiate corrective actions.
- To ensure opening of form m/lc application to import, timely order execution & documentation like pre & post-shipment documents.
- Manage customs documentation for clearing and forwarding.
- Liaising with the shipping company on all issues with consignment
- Administering import procedures and documentation and effectively liaising with Nigerian customs/logistics, managing demurrages, and port charges within specified norms.
- Managing the seamless movement of the consignments to their destination.
- Liaising with regulatory agencies, monitoring compliance to regulatory requirements (NAFDAC, SON, customs, NXP, banks, inspection agents, etc.), and ensuring proper maintenance of requisite papers & documents.
- Coordinating with port authorities for various requirements connected to the vessels handling at the ports.
- Renewal of relevant licenses for all company-imported listed items and should be conversant with the procedures.
- Regular reporting and updates to key stakeholders across the business on all imported and exported orders/ shipments
- To ensure compliance with all procurement policies, customs, importation, and financial regulation regarding the importation and exportation of goods
- Provide the business with market insights on new government and regulatory policy as it affects importation or exportation.
- Ensure that the performance of the Operations Department is regularly evaluated through a Key Performance Indicator (KPI) system on a regular basis and leading to the implementation of action plans when necessary.
- Drive continuous improvement culture and a high level of employee engagement at all levels in the department.
- Provide leadership and guidance in the development of people to provide a strong bench for backfills.
- Minimum academic qualification of an HND in any related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of proven work experience
success with supervision and strategic planning
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (especially Word, excel, and Outlook) and internet-based applications is required.
- Work Experience Minimum of 8 years of cognate experience in a clearing & forwarding company in Nigeria.
- Familiar with Sea & Air cargo Import / Export processes and procedures in Nigeria
- Familiar with the opening of form M Application to import including other related certificates like PC, SONCAP, etc.
- Familiar with managing customs documentation for clearing and forwarding.
- Familiar with how to do customs clearing of goods at destination Apapa, Tincan, and other ports.
- Familiar with Administering import procedures and documentation and effective liaison with Nigerian Customs
- Must have operational knowledge of the ports and government agencies.
- Must have knowledge of proper clearing and haulage documentation for imports.
- Must have appropriate knowledge of inspection agents, banks, shipping companies, and terminals.
- Must have the ability to handle customs and shipping companies for imports,
- Must have knowledge of the customs and excise HS code and explanatory notes.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Skills Required: Relevant functional skills & expertise Leadership skills
- Performance focus & strong sense of urgency
- Need to work across boundary
- Develop capability Learning agility.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.