The chief technology officer (CTO) will be responsible for establishing the company’s technical vision and leading all aspects of the company’s technology development. The CTO will be the company’s top technology executive, playing an integral role in the company’s strategic direction, development, and future growth.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 10 years
- Lead the execution of technology strategy for technology platforms, partnerships, and external relationships including clients.
- Build and manage a top-flight technology team and oversee research and development, as well as project management.
- Provide visible leadership for the company within the technology community.
- Anticipate and react to major technology changes to ensure the maintenance of company leadership in the competitive landscape.
- Establish technical standards and ensure adherence to them for product development and company operations. Other specific roles include:
- Oversees all aspects of technology within an organization
- Establishes the various roles within the IT department
- Creates policies around technology infrastructure
- Researches and develops important technology to implement in the organization
- Continuously educate themselves on technology topics
- Analyzes data to facilitate operations
- Keeps up to date with the latest technology trends
- Ensures data privacy safety
- Communicate technology strategies internally and externally
- Monitor budgets.
- Minimum academic qualification of a BSc degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science required, MBA and other professional qualifications are added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret technology and market trends as a foundation for technology and product roadmaps.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- At least 10 years in an IT role, with 5 in an executive-level/managerial position.
- Understanding of and experience with responsive web design.
- Knowledge of usability, accessibility, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and other standard best practices.
- Strong visual and interaction design proficiency, as well as a superior understanding of current front-end coding practices.
- Proficient use of common rapid prototyping tools such as Axure Pro.
- Knowledge and practice of UX industry best practices including user-centered design.
- Extensive experience designing web application interfaces in an agile environment.
- Aspiration to stay on top of cutting edge hardware, software, and interaction design in the industry.
- Awareness of new trends in interactive design, development, and digital platforms.
- Critical Reasoning
- Resilience, Tenacity and Integrity
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication (oral & written)
There are essential skills a CTO should have to succeed in the role. Some include:
- Computer programming
- Strategic planning
- Effective communication
- Business administration
- Software development
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.