- Lead audits or assist as a Team Member to deliver audits
- As a Team Lead, drive the audit, ensuring that resources are well-coordinated with appropriate time allocation for the audit work, and outcomes and expectations are clearly defined. Ensure that key risks are considered during audit planning, and high-quality audit work is produced. This includes the planning documentation, detailed and accurate documentation of test results and clear and factual audit issues. Support the Team Manager in drafting the audit report.
- As a Team Member, support the Team Leader / Team Manager by executing audit planning, fieldwork, and reporting for work assigned in an efficient and effective manner such that audit work meets the given budget, quality standards and timelines. Draft the audit programme, audit observations/issues and support team leader/ team manager in preparing the audit report.
- Apply an in-depth understanding of, and compliance with, GIA methodology standards and the GIA system in all areas of assigned GIA activity.
- Evaluate quantitative and qualitative data (using data analytics) to diagnose underlying issues, patterns and root causes.
- Ensure timely and open communication throughout the audit process, within GIA, and with the auditee.
- Monitor and track assigned audit issues and action plans, and report overdue items to the Head of Audit (HOA) for resolution. Monitor and escalate when high-risk issues are not likely to be resolved within the agreed timeframe.
People and Talent:
- Build and maintain relationships with key GIA, business, and technology stakeholders to understand business and technology developments including regulatory concerns, identify emerging risks, and facilitate execution of audit work.
- Complete relevant risk assessment activities in a timely and effective manner, including the completion of the Risk Assessment template.
- Assist in continuous auditing and monitoring of key risks in the portfolio.
- Utilise the risk assessment process and stakeholder engagement to determine an anticipatory audit plan.
- Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct, and compliance matters.
- Designated business and technology stakeholders, typically related to individual audit assignments and the assigned portfolio; and
- GIA stakeholders – team leaders, team members, team managers, Product, Functional, Country and Regional Heads of Audit.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Strong background in IT audit (with a focus on application controls) with a minimum of 5 years of experience preferably in the Banking and Financial services industry.
- Preferred Bachelor's or university degree in Information Technology or related discipline but not a requirement
- Professional Audit Certification (CIA, CISA, CISM, CISSP, ACAMS, etc.)
- Experience in executing a risk-based Audit Methodology, or a similar methodological approach.
- Experience in designing and/or executing data analytics
- Attention to detail and curiosity. Strong analytical skills and eager to learn.
- Excellent writing and articulation skills to succinctly communicate complicated technical issues in business terms.
- Strong interpersonal skills for building and maintaining effective working relationships with counterparts in GIA, business and technology.
- High degree of responsibility, self-motivated, requiring minimal supervision and direction, able to multi-task without loss of quality.
- Ability to collect and objectively analyse and apply information, “thinking out of the box” where necessary, in supporting the planning, fieldwork or reporting of results of audit engagements.
- Displays initiative and knows when and how to seek guidance. Willingness and capacity to learn on the job.
- Ability to commit to 15-25% business travel (if required)