A law firm on Lagos Island is looking to hire a corporate/Commercial Lawyer with strong Corporate commercial law skills.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:4 years
In this role, key responsibilities will include;
- Advise clients competently and confidently on the technical aspects of a wide range of corporate and commercial matters with a particular focus on banking & financial services
- Draft and implement instructions with accuracy
- Be assertive and creative when developing or finding solutions to problems and methods of working.
- Add value through innovative ideas and approaches and provide solutions that are pragmatic.
- Be proactive and commercial in managing clients' requirements and expectations.
- Able to manage complex cross-jurisdictional transactions and teams.
- Able to adapt working style to team approach as well as independent matter management.
The successful candidate will be:
- Qualified lawyer (solicitor or barrister, qualified in a common-law jurisdiction).
- 4-10 years post qualification experience gained in both banking and finance or general corporate law.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skill
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to negotiate, draft and finalize terms and conditions for a wide range of agreements;
- Undertake special tasks and perform other related duties as assigned in accordance with the Firm’s objective
- Research skills