The job holder will ensure seamless logistics between supplier works & customer sites. Also, supply chain management & vendor development for future expansion.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:12 years
- Develop strong expertise and market knowledge over all aspects of logistics comprising inbound ocean freight, customs clearance, HS Code classification of equipment & spares, documentation, import duties, levies, surcharges, taxes, port charges, demurrage, etc. & any other tariff cost related to clearance of goods at seaport and airport, clearance agents fees, inward transportation to any location within the country, labor costs & handling charges, warehouse management, last-mile delivery, etc.
- Develop expert knowledge of regulatory procedures related to all aspects of logistics & supply chain.
- Develop strong negotiation capabilities in order to secure the most competitive rates from logistics service providers, clearance agents, transports, labor contractors, warehouse owners, intermediate storage terminals, etc.
- Coordinate with overseas suppliers, clearance agents, banks, and internal staff for initiation of the import process of equipment and spares. Ensure completeness and correctness in all documents.
- Develop the end-to-end capability to manage the comprehensive process of organizing the pickup of goods from overseas manufacturer works, receiving at the warehouse, and delivering to the customer site. Accordingly, execute the import and clearance process of the goods.
- Develop the complete warehouse arrangement – strategic site & location selection, negotiate the contract with approval from the Business head, organize internal infrastructure in compliance with internal procurement regulations, secure the necessary licenses & certificates from govt, departments, accessibility, labor contracts, security, safety, fire safety, utilities, sanitation, etc.
- Develop a pool of transporters for executing transport requirements from port and supplier to the warehouse as well as last-mile delivery across the country. Prepare transport contracts with well-negotiated freight rate matrices capturing vehicle type, payload capacity, distance, fuel price, maintenance cost, manpower costs, licenses, GIT, depreciation, overheads, etc.
- Prepare and comply with the Warehouse SOP manual & ensure effective inventory management – precise indents in line with the business plan, sales forecast, stock in hand, lead time, physical stock verification, good receipt & inward process, goods issuance process, generation of the waybill, generation of the invoice, proof of delivery, inventory variance analysis, reconciliation, slow-moving/fast-moving stock analysis, periodic reports, etc.
- Provide full support to the Engineering Manager & Service Manager in developing the workshop plan end-to-end from site selection & securing necessary approvals to sourcing tools, equipment, and infrastructure to final commissioning.
- Provide full support to the Engineering Manager to develop and execute a systematic indigenization strategy for equipment, components, assemblies, and spares.
- Minimum 12 years in Logistics & Supply Chain for agribusinesses.
- Post Graduate degree/diploma in Logistics & Supply Chain
- Financial studies will be added advantage
- Knowledge of Govt. Regulatory Networking, Analytical thinking, IT, Risk assessment, Security Management, Documentation, Negotiation
- Total Control over Inward logistics - ocean freight, clearance & inbound carriage.
- Ensure total Control & Compliance over Warehouse & Inventory Management.
- Successful development & management of an efficient Outbound Logistics model.
- Successful development of an ancillary industry with the Engineering Manager.