1. Managing parts of construction projects
2. Ensure compliance with safety regulations and building codes
3. Undertake surveys, setting out sites and organizing facilities
4. Checking technical designs and drawings to ensure that they are followed correctly
6. Ensuring projects meet agreed specifications, budgets and timescales
7. Liaising with clients, subcontractors and other professional staff, especially quantity surveyors and the overall project manager
10. Evaluate risk, provide technical advice and solve problems on site
11. Preparing site reports and filling in other paperwork
12. Liaising with quantity surveyors about the ordering and negotiating the price of materials.
13. Allocate and manage resources, equipment, manpower and materials to ensure that they are available when they are needed throughout the construction projects
14. Obtain the appropriate permits and licenses from authorities for construction sites
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Construction cost optimization
Customer satisfaction level
PROCESS & OTHERS
Day to day project completion ratio: Actual versus baseline
Number of defects
Percentage of equipment downtime
Percentage of labor downtime
Actual working days versus available working days
Turn around time for project completion
Quality issues at end of defect rectification period
Turnaround time on report
- Good working knowledge of various standards and codes of practice like - BSI, ASTM, EN, etc..
- Ability to write construction progress reports attaching relevant photographs.
- Interpreting the intent of various construction practices and standards to achieve high level of execution at site.
- Capability of recommending and approving repairs.
- Excellent knowledge of construction materials and equipment
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal and external), and other stakeholders.
- Attention to details
Ideal candidate should be able to drive
Good spoken and written English language and able to document and deliver reports accurately.
- A first degree in civil engineering or related field and COREN Certified
- Certification in Health & Safety Standards
- Minimum of 10 years proven working experience as a site engineer