- Managing patient care provision, customer satisfaction, and ensuring that any necessary admin work is done for keeping patient records, billing, and payments as well as any regulatory licenses to practice are updated and compliant at all times.
- Ensure site is well maintained and functional
- Problem solves to ensure smooth operations
- Be profit & loss responsive by selling and achieving budget targets for revenue expense and productivity of the personnel under your care
- Support the professional development of therapists under their leadership as well as the and development, documentation, evolution, and execution of the PCA Clinical Way and attendant training programs in conjunction with the Director of Clinical Excellence who is responsible fully for the professional development of all clinical staff and the PCA Way.
- To be responsible for managing own caseload within a designated pathway and ensuring the caseload of junior members of staff and assistants within the pathway is managed efficiently and effectively. As the supervisor of a clinic, a minimum of his/her time is to be spent in clinical duties and seeing patients.
- To provide a high standard of initial assessment and formulation of treatment plans according to findings using sound clinical reasoning skills and evidence based practice.
- To devise and implement appropriate care plans and risk assessments according to initial assessment findings and ongoing needs of the client and update according to PCA policy.
- To use standardized clinical outcome measures as part of the assessment process.
- To formulate patient-centred goals / clinical objectives jointly with the patients, family, and other members of the care team ensuring that these goals are continually reviewed as part of the client’s rehabilitation program
- To carry out other duties as required and as directed by the Lead/ Coordinating Physiotherapist or Clinic Manager (if not so designated) and the Director of Clinical Excellence.
- Oversee the execution of detailed plans by assigned PT’s
- To develop a plan that grows clinic business and ensure leads on clients
Operations & Financial
- Oversee the departments of physiotherapy and the execution of Equipment Sales and PCA Care services in designated centres as well as the appropriate execution of the suite of services being distributed from that centre (inclusive of equipment sales and training though this is done in conjunction with those divisional leaders)
- Be fully responsible for the day to day management of the administrative and non-clinical staff within the clinics under his/her responsibility
- Be accountable for the smooth operations of the clinics under his / her responsibility inclusive of site management, equipment maintenance, customer service,
- inventory management, execution of administrative requirements, operational expenditure, Human Resource needs for non-clinical staff (hiring, development of non-clinical and administrative staff outside of a professional discipline (e.g. finance) and responsible for performance management, Profit& Loss Management and Center Metrics/Operational Reporting. Must meet revenue and expenditure targets
- Masters or B.Sc. in Health Sciences or Healthcare administration or MBA or other relevant disciplines that provide a strong foundation in Operations Management
- At least 5 - 7 years previous experience managing operations of medical centres, physiotherapy clinics, or retail centres
- Knowledge of operational procedures in the Physiotherapy Department
- Knowledge of business management experience and P & L management and exposure to the challenges of General Management
- Exposure to setting up a business or retail operation
- Understands Project Management and Center roll out needs
- Keen understanding and interest in the health care market
- Diligence and Integrity. Focused on excellence
- Values-based behaviors and commitment to customer service
- Detail-oriented and must be able to follow instructions and protocols
- Good self-organizational and time management skills.
- A good team player and problem solver
- Analytical and decisive
- Required team leadership and business management capabilities including P or L ownership and management
- Must be dressed in the approved company uniform while on duty.
Leads, from an operational management perspective, a team of therapists focused on the development and provision of quality, client-centered physiotherapy assessment and treatment: Collectively the team:
- Provides physical therapy and wellness care services to patients in an inpatient (clinics or rehabilitation) and outpatient setting.
- Contribute to the development of the PCA Therapeutic way
- Participates in the development, evaluation, and training of junior therapists
- Contributes to ensuring the development of all business lines available in a clinic and revenue generation of those businesses
- Ensures operations run smoothly, sites are managed and expenses optimized
- Senior Therapists/Deputy Clinic Coordinators are expected to:
- Be fully involved in the day-to-day management of all staff within a clinic including qualified and undergraduate physiotherapists.
- In conjunction with the marketing and business development team, engage in the development of the physiotherapy client/business flow by identifying referral sources and then organizing and coordinating the business to act on closing transactions to ensure patient and hospital referrals to the centre. They oversee the execution of the marketing plan and detailing of PT’s. they also lead on major clients assigned to them.
- Lead/Participate in the development of the department and operational policies and ensure appropriate execution, implementation, and evolution.
- Problem solver and can work independently and is analytical.
- A forward-thinking Practitioner
- Presentation Skills
- Evidence of contribution to change within the area of work
- Evidence of experience in training/ supervision of junior therapists/students/assistants
- Has a Project Management mindset, can lead and monitor project execution
- Ability to develop, monitor, adapt and monitor processes and quality standards
- Has a basic understanding of finance and accounting and administrative requirements in general
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit and must be willing to take risks.
- Be willing to grow with the business and be adventurous.
- Leadership skills, Communication and Interpersonal
- Time management and Understanding of Service Planning
- Demonstrates a flexible and creative approach to working within a team environment
- Demonstrates a willingness and a desire to learn with a commitment to lifelong learning
- Ability to handle difficult potentially stressful situations
Salary: NGN 120,000- 150,000