- In close collaboration with national and sub-national authorities and stakeholders, lead the implementation of the state engagement component of the RSSH grant that supports the delivery of high quality and comprehensive prevention, care, and treatment services at the community level.
- Lead grant stakeholder management efforts as it relates to the State Engagement component of the RSSH module and the applicable stakeholders.
- Work within project strategy and policy guidelines and makes accountable decisions concerning work responsibilities.
- Mentor and provide technical leadership and support to the state engagement Specialist and related Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) state staff.
- Provide technical and managerial oversight of the Sub-Recipient (SR) and other implementers supporting the Community Engagement component of the RSSH grant
- Review SR’s quarterly and annual work plans, budgets, and activity concept notes ensuring they are of the highest quality
- Lead capacity building for the Community Engagement Specialist, the corresponding Community Engagement component sub-recipient (SR) staff, and the state staff.
- Coordinate timely relevant technical support to all units of coordination and the CSO sectors.
- Represent the project at the national level on matters of Community Engagement component covering CSS and Integrated Service Delivery module.
- Coordinate strengthening of State Teams for optimal performance
- Review Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) data report on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis and flag action areas to the Project Coordinator.
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements and keep the Project Coordinator informed on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Work with management to document and publish best practices.
- Provide technical input in the development of an integrated project plan in collaboration with the Project Coordinator.
- Ensure adequate reporting data is provided to Global Fund and used by project management: coordinate writing of reports and take responsibility for compilation of joint project report to the Global Fund and to national authorities as appropriate.
- MBBS or Master’s degree in Public Health, medical sciences or social sciences or other related fields.
- At least 10 years of experience working in community systems and integrated service delivery space of the national health system
- Experience working on international donor-funded programs (Global Fund preferred) is added advantage.
- Experience designing and implementing integrated service delivery and community systems interventions (Preferably in HIV, TB & Malaria programs)
- Leadership experience in the management of public health programs and relationships with the government and civil society networks at leadership strategic level.
- Strong leadership competencies in both the mobilization of teams on one hand; the design, development, and mainstreaming of new processes or procedures, on the other hand.
- Experience in organizing and facilitating systems strengthening, capacity development, and mentoring processes
- Ability to lead and guide strategy development with the National Primary Healthcare Development Agency (NPHCDA), State Ministry of Health (SMOH), Civil Society networks, manage technical implementation of proposed project initiatives, as well as ability to supervise, mentor, and coach project and government staff.
- Strong analytical and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills in English.
- Strong skills in using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software (Microsoft Office applications preferred).
- Experience using web-based applications (email, browsing, and literature retrieval)
Duration of contract: 33 months