We are looking to hire a suitable candidate to fill this position.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 2 years
- Identifying newsworthy events and developments in their region of operation.
- Establish the publication standards and goals
- Design the contents of publications based on the company’s publication's style, editorial policy, and publishing specifications.
- Proofread and edit stories or art pieces.
- Recommend stories and produce headline ideas to attract our target audience.
- Conducting research and writing scripts on topics prior to broadcasts.
- Evaluate and approve design proofs submitted by the media room prior to publication production.
- Attending and reporting on events that are of interest to the public.
- Delivering scripted, spontaneous, live, and prerecorded reports on newsworthy events.
- Interviewing eye-witnesses, authorities, and people of interest in news stories.
- Transcribing and summarizing events for further news purposes.
- Traveling to events and ensuring the proper maintenance, security, and care of recording equipment.
- Working collaboratively with cameramen and other members of a reporting team.
- Representing the organization at conferences, press briefings, events, and interviews.
- Ensuring a professional appearance, language use, and manner throughout reports.
- Minimum academic qualification of a bachelor's degree in journalism, communications
- At least 2 years of experience in news, television, or journalism.
- In-depth knowledge of SEO and social media best practices.
- A creative thinker with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Creative writing skills
- Familiar with digital marketing
- Proven experience with MS Office
- Ethical and professional research and reporting skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Passionate about the news and current events.
- Well-spoken, engaging, and knowledgeable about news events.
Remuneration: NGN 120,000 - 150,000
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.