The Quality Assurance (QA) Coordinator is a professional role within the quality assurance team who works under the general direction of the Manager of IT. This role designs software QA methods and procedures for use by project team members to ensure all information systems meet minimum company standards and end-user requirements. This role will be responsible for the creation of test plans, preparation of test cases and execution of IT tests, the assistance of business UAT tests, and fulfilment of other QA activities.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
- Analyze applications used in business processes and workflow.
- Develop and execute formal test strategies, and plans to ensure the delivery of quality software applications.
- Develop and execute test scripts, test plans and checklists for applications and execute automated test scripts utilizing testing tools if applicable.
- Accurately report and track software defects using manual and automated defect tracking Tools.
- Define and track quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status.
- Work with business team to develop test plans, end-user documentation and testing strategy.
- Provide regular updates to meet the expectations of users and management.
- Review business requirements, specifications, and business cases to help document a testing strategy.
- Ensure compliance with audit requirements and operational controls.
- Develops internal processes to be followed within the organization to ensure minimal defects and adherence to best practices.
- Ensure all project documentation is updated for all fixes and changes.
- Conduct IT Tests according to the test plans, and test cases, track test results and provide the assessment if the results need further remedy and tests or succeed.
- Lead business teams through successful testing processes and assure proper audit documentation with acceptable test results.
- Document successful testing to support promotion to production environments and meet audit needs.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Information technology, Business, Engineering, or related field degree with a project management emphasis
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Information technology or assigned business function.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Quality Assurance working on enterprise systems within a medium to large organization.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience developing test plans for both functional and performance testing.
- Experience with ERP, Financial and Manufacturing applications
- Demonstrated expertise in conceptual problem-solving.
- Strong understanding of SQA life cycle: requirements gathering, testing definition, QA methodologies and test execution.
- Knowledge of ERP application & general business knowledge for his/her functional area(s)
- A background in testing, documentation, user training, or project management related to the application development life cycle.
- Ability to interpret, comprehend and apply complex material, data and instruction - prepare, provide and convey diversified information, which may be of a technical nature.
- Ability to review and comprehend bug descriptions, functional requirements, design documents and code.
- Ability to work with developers to design test criteria and develop test plans.
- Excellent documentation skills with proven experience in documenting requirements, solutions, and design documents.
- An ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Basic analytical skills and business requirements gathering.
- Strong interpersonal skills.