- The Program Officer assists with the design and development of project management systems.
- The Program Officer works directly with partners to develop and monitor project scopes of work, budgets, and timelines.
- The Program Officer reports to the Foundation Manager and learns about all aspects of the foundation’s projects in order to provide program officer support, including annual work plans, budget development, and monitoring.
- S/he is expected to work independently with limited supervision.
- Assist in developing and monitoring annual work plans and budgets, as well as associated deliverables and results/outputs.
- Prepare, coordinate reviews, edit, and disseminate project-related reports and documents, including subcontract scopes of work, country strategies, progress updates, curricula, and other documents and reports.
- Prepare project contract documents (subcontracts, sub-agreements, purchase orders, and Memoranda of Understanding) as requested;
- Create and maintain the projects’ SharePoint site(s) and assist with project-related information management.
- Develop management tools that can be adapted for other programs as needed, e.g., travel and budget tracking tools, partner communication or consultant approval templates, create systems for and help manage subcontracts and sub-grants.
- Work closely with the project finance team and the Foundation Finance Department to develop, monitor, track and analyze annual, quarterly and monthly expenditures compared to project budget.
- Ensure that project budget projections are accurate and expenditures are properly tracked, including accruals.
- Ensure various program funding mechanism rules and regulations are followed according to donor and lead partner expectations.
- Manage procurement process, serving as the Foundations point person for field.
- Participate in new business development bids including writing job descriptions, participating in strategic phone calls, providing guidance on proposal budgets and providing administrative support as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Humanities, or related field with a minimum of 2 years of program management experience.
- Experience in finance, administration, and management, developing and tracking budgets, logistics and operations.
- Working knowledge of international development.
- Comfortable working in teams as well as acting independently in the implementation of specific tasks, multitasking and prioritizing, working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work and communicate with a diverse group of people of various nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including editing skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Minimum noise levels in an office environment
- Ability to travel locally and internationally estimated 30% of the time
- Position is based in an office, requiring sitting at a desk most of the day
Position is based in Oron, Akwa Ibom State.
- Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives that result in improvement of the Foundations’ performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
- Accountability - Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high quality results for the Foundations success.
- Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
- Service Excellence
- Knowledge of and ability to put into action customer service concepts, processes and techniques to access internal and/or external client needs and expectations and meet or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent service directly or indirectly.
Communication (Oral and Written)
- Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
- Strategic Thinking: Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the Foundation while recognizing, anticipating and resolving organizational challenges.
- Ability to develop organization and industry specific expertise
and apply sound decision making processes to reach
productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable business plans.