This role will oversee the foundation's daily objectives, delegating tasks, creating and executing fundraising activities, and "sell" our cause to all potential individual and organizational donors. This role is a serious role and requires a heart for the less advantaged, and excellent oral and written communication. This role shall have responsibility for developing fundraising activities with the concurrence of the Executive Director and the Trustees. It requires adequate delegation skills, character judgement, and detail orientation. Approach all potential donors, both individuals and organizations, and present the cause of the Foundation with visual and audio aids so the ability to create PowerPoint presentations is preferred. He/she shall also identify potential Patrons who have the ability to retain employment and recommend training that will enhance the employability of these patrons. The Candlelight Foundation is a non-profit organization operating out of Surulere, Lagos. We provide numerous social services and will expand to include a boy's hostel within the next month.
- Minimum Qualification:HND
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Ensure compliance with the operating manual which guides the day-to-day business activity of the Foundation
- Ensure adequate food and non-food stock in the store (must be willing to go to the open market)
- Assist in creating job roles for the volunteers in all aspects of the operation of the Foundation
- Actively participate in the development and execution of fund-raising activities of the Foundation including cold calling. Identifying and approaching potential individual and business donors.
- Ensuring proper accounting of all donations, both cash and in-kind, for the use of the Foundation
- Keep track of all inventory and retain proper accounting records of movable assets
- Ensure proper retiring of all petty cash funds
- Develop future training programs as the focus of the Foundation expands
- Ensure compliance with all rules and regulations and abide by all laws governing the operation of the Foundation and its staff and volunteers
- All other duties that ensure the smooth running of the Foundation so that it meets its objectives.
- Office Management and Administrative skills
- Must have some sales abilities.
- Oral and written English proficiency
- Must be able to represent the foundation in public settings
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite - you will be tested
- Empathy, Compassion, and mercy must be a way of life
- Must be a self-starter and motivator.
- Must be able to commute to Surulere everyday
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.