- Ensures conformance of manufacturing processes as stated in SOPs.
- Co-ordinates drug manufacturing activities in compliance with the requirements of cGMP.
- Supervise the dispensing of raw materials (API’s & excipients) by the Dispensing Technicians.
- Ensures the general cleanliness and hygienic conditions of the manufacturing areas.
- Prepares daily and weekly reports of all production activities.
- Fulfills the monthly and weekly production plans according to the schedule with the coordination of the production manager.
- Participates in the co-ordination, planning and organizing the manufacturing processes of the company.
- Prepares & reviews SOPs, Enforce cGMP and safety matters.
- Implements SOPs, production plans and programmes.
- Ensures on the Job training for production & warehouse personnel from dispensary through processing unit & down to packaging operations.
- Responsible for reports of deviations and incidences in Warehouse, Processing & packaging procedures.
- Assist the Production manager in the coordination of Annual Product Review.
- Assist the Production manager in the coordination of Validation and Qualification activities.
- Assists in pilot scale trials of products under development.
- Ensures that all standard yields are maintained by production lines.
- Ensure to work with the Production teams to achieve output and efficiency targets.
- Ensures production personnel are properly gowned and wearing appropriate Personnel Protective Equipments (PPE) where necessary before entering process areas.
- Manage and prioritize production operations while striving to Improve and enhance production operations and attain high quality in products
- Ensure the proper and correct documentation of all processes and activities including BMR’s and other relevant documents.
- Other duties as assigned by the production manager.
· Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm)
· 3-6 years production work experience in the pharmaceutical industry. Functional knowledge of production lines (tablets, liquids & ointments) is an advantage.
· Must be computer literate.
· Proven experience in training and development of staff to meet set goals.
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
· Ability to multi-task, and change priorities constantly as needed in a fast paced environment.