The ideal candidate will possess thorough knowledge of children’s diseases and epidemiology as well as the established examination procedures for infants.
· Conduct regular thorough examinations on newborns and young children to check and record their health and normal physical development.
· Examine sick children to determine their condition and ask intuitive questions to gather information about symptoms.
Reach an informed diagnosis based on scientific knowledge and
individual medical history.
Prescribe medications and give detailed instructions for administration.
· Prescribe and interpret appropriate lab tests to gain more information for possible infections or abnormalities.
· Prepare and administer vaccines according to the governmental vaccination plan.
· Examine and treat injuries and refer the little patients to physicians of other disciplines when necessary (e.g. surgeons, ophthalmologists, orthopaedists etc.)
· Advise parents on children’s diet, exercise and disease preventive measures.
· Keep updated records of patients’ illnesses, surgeries or other medical episodes (allergic shocks, injuries etc.)
· Keep abreast of advancements in paediatrics and best practices by attending seminars and conferences.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Paediatrician.
· In-depth knowledge of children epidemiology and infectious diseases.
· Exquisite knowledge of diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation principles and techniques.
· Up to speed knowledge of drugs/medication appropriate for children and their side-effects.
· Familiarity with traditional and web-based prescription systems.
· Active listener, patient and calm.