Operational Marketing Manager
Posting date : 04/10/2023
Requisition ID : 14874
Job Title: Operational Marketing Manager
Reporting Line: Head ofÂ CommercialÂ
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Grade: HL 15
About ENGIE Energy Access (EEA)
ENGIE Energy Access is the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa. The company develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGO solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,800 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, CÃ´te dâIvoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.9 million customers and more than 9 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to impact 20 million lives across Africa by 2025.
This position will lead the Marketing team that is based in Lagos, Nigeria, but expected to spend at least 60% of the time on the field in our various locations across the country. The Operational Marketing Manager supports the Organisationâs marketing strategy by helping plan, execute and track grassroots marketing programs.
The incumbent should have an intimate knowledge of B2C sales and will help the Organisation (and field-based Sales teams in particular) achieve goals by building strong marketing strategies and campaigns that resonate with our customers.
Deliverables and ActivitiesBrand & Marketing Strategy
- Oversee brand strategy- Oversee the development and implementation of the Companyâs overall brand, marketing and communications plan.
- Marketing Strategy- Create and execute a broad marketing strategy for EEA Nigeria, and be responsible for understanding the business model,the companyâs services, products and solutions, and positioning them
favorably before target audience markets
- Event strategy- Create a focused event participation strategy for sponsored and corporate events that will help EEA Nigeria reach its target audience, customers & desired partnerships.
- Customer Segmentation- Define customer segments, needs and value propositions
- Value Proposition to Customers- Translate EEAâs offering into relatable value propositions for customers to drive uptake and build loyalty Position EEA Nigeria as the gateway to valuable data for consumers in the bottom of the pyramid stratum
- Oversee Budget- Develop and oversee marketing budget and resource management to ensure optimal ROI on marketing spendCollaboration
- High-Level Support- Collaborate with the leadership team, commercial and product heads to articulate the marketing strategy. This process will involve rigorous prioritization and planning to ensure that the Marketing team provides adequate support to all other teams within the business
- New Markets Entry- Work with the Commercial Director, Head of Sales and Expansion Manager to develop innovative, capturing GTM strategies for new market entry.
- PR- Build EEA Nigeriaâs reputation, visibility and Top of Mind Awareness with press, newsletters, thought leadership and targeted campaigns
- Value Proposition to Partners- Define value proposition to potential Partners
- Traditional and Digital Media- Be an expert in traditional and digital marketing strategies that drive awareness and create leads
- Research Insights- Will be data driven and create a strategy for how to best disseminate research insights through various communication channelsVendor/Supplier Management
- Manage relationship with 3rd party suppliers (marketing & mediaagencies, printers, collateral producers, etc.) to ensure price efficiency,adherence to guidelines and maintain EEA high-quality standards
Required Skills & Experience âââââââMinimum of 8+ years of marketing experience. 3 years managing a Marketing Team Strategic thinker and has executed strategic direction for a marketing unit. The incumbent must be creative, witty, smart, good narrator, storyteller, excellent written, verbal and analytical skills. Ability to translate brand and marketing strategy into simple and relatable initiatives for internal (staff) and external (customers) audiences Ability to market and engage with rural communities to gain market penetration Has worked in a B2C technology or FMCG business previously. Work experience that covers extensive field/BTL marketing, product launch, strong corporate comms experience, brand management etc Deep understanding of the various marketing disciplines Highly creative and innovative brand builder Demonstrated results in building brand equity Experience in leveraging customer analytics and segmentation to drive business growth Can thrive working in a fast-paced company and able to liaise with stakeholders across multiple social strata, businesses and departments to get things done.
At EEA, we have high expectations for our managers. Each manager plays a key role in creating an exceptional experience not only for our customers but for every person on our team. Our managers help EEA realize our ambitious goals while developing their own leadership skills and facilitating growth for their direct reports.
We believe that great managers:Deliver ambitious results: As a high-performing and accountable leader, you create an enabling environment for effective action and bold decision which contribute to successful delivery of results. Act with integrity: As an ethical leader you are honest, respectful, objective, and transparent. You create and build upon a foundation of trust and openness. Inspire and mentor the team: As an inspirational leader you walk the talk. You empower and coach your team with trust and humility. Are accessible: as an accessible leader, you develop and maintain deep connections with stakeholders through approachability and active listening. Ensure diversity and inclusion: as an inclusive leader, you ensure diversity and foster a sense of belonging.
Qualifications :Bachelorâs degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field. MBA is an added advantage
Language(s): ÂEnglish French is a plus
Technology :Knowledge of the latest communications related software, applications
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!
Job Requisition ID on SAP SF14874OrganizationGBU Flexible Gen & RetailLanguage on SAP SFen_USLevel of ExperienceSkilled ( > 3 experience <15 years)DegreeBachelor's DegreeCountryNigeriaCategoryBUSINESS DEVELOPMENT / SALES / MARKETINGJob ContractPermanentJob Posting DateWed, 10/04/2023 - 13:32job_division_level_oneAccess To Energyjob_mapped_organizationENGIE FLEXIBLE GENERATION & RETAIL Apply Share
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.