- Technical and managerial oversight of the National Agency for the Control of AIDS Global Fund RSSH grant and Project Management Unit (PMU).
- Develop (adapt as needed) and execute project’s Technical Strategy, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) plan and annual project work plans as per contract/agreement requirements, approved budget and received obligations, NACA’s technical frameworks and standards.
- Serve as a liaison between the PMU and relevant decision-makers at the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) and Sub-Recipients.
- Ensure coordination among Federal and State governments, disease programs, and multilateral and bilateral agencies to avoid duplication of efforts and to efficiently achieve results on strengthening laboratory systems, logistics and supply chain systems, community systems, integrated service delivery/quality improvements, and HMIS.
- Ensure project staffing, structure, and reporting relationships are aligned with project needs, local context, and available resources.
- Provide strategic and operational leadership to the PMU and coordinate grant-making processes, ensuring high-quality implementation plans and related planning/management tools are developed and submitted on schedule, implementing an effective performance-management program focused on results and individual accountability
- Coordinate the preparation and submission of high-quality programmatic and financial reports to the Director-General, the CCM, and the Global Fund on schedule, using appropriate templates as applicable, with respect to the grant performance and progress.
- Maintain grant-related reference resources including grant agreements, approved work plan and performance framework, Project Implementation Plan (PIP), grant reporting schedules, grant application deadlines, and other information that may be needed.
- Oversee the final approved work plan and budget and use same for performance management of all work teams.
- Research best and emerging grant development and management practices and ensure capacity building of PMU team members in relevant areas.
- Actively participate in local, state, and national grant-related activities and provide technical support.
- Consistently promote a strong corporate culture, quality, and high-performance work teams.
- Masters of Public Health (MPH), MBBS or Master’s level degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Project management or leadership certificate or qualification is an added advantage
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience working in the development field and program implementations, preferably public health
- Experience managing large international donor-funded projects (preferably Global Fund HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and/or malaria programs); Health system strengthening programs on the supply chain, monitoring and evaluation, health management information system, laboratory services, and Federal- and State-level programs is an added advantage
- In-depth understanding of the Global Fund and its operational principles, guidelines, and grant management architecture
- In-depth understanding of NACA and FMOH’s departments and their functions
- In-depth understanding of Nigeria’s health system and institutions, and their mandates
- Demonstrated leadership and management abilities with evident deliverables
- Prior experience and success directing similar or larger international donor-funded projects
- Proven capability to collaborate and efficiently work with multiple partners, Government Ministries, Departments, and Agencies at both federal and state-level respectively and in a complex environment to achieve results
- A proven approach to capacity building, professional networking, and working in partnership with other implementers and host country government
- Good analytical and presentation skills, in English
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Result-oriented, focused, highly skilled in writing, planning, and strategizing
- Proficient with computer skills.
Duration of contract: 33 months