• Promotes/sells/secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach to ensure monthly sales target is met.
DETAILS OF FUNCTION:
• Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products/services.
• Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
• Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
• Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
• Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
• Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for products.
• Reporting market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends in assigned territory.
•Maintain a reliable, up-to-date customer record system as per the Sales Procedure Manual
•Maintain records of new customers, deleted customers and changes to call cycles to ensure cost effective coverage of the territory
Ensure monthly sales targets, new account targets, key product targets and payment targets are achieved
• Good understanding of entrepreneurial and commercial objectives
• Knowledge of sales strategies and concepts
• Good understanding of developing sales reports
• Good decision-making skills
• Excellent people skills
Good presentation skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good analytical skills
• Good planning and organizational skills
• Good research skills
• Networking skills
• Time management
• Ability to adapt and respond to change
• Determination to meet personal goals and objectives
• Deliver results and meet customer expectations at the minimum
• Relationship building
• Creative thinking and problem solving
• Show initiative
• Ability to negotiate
- Entry level: pharmacology or other biological sciences
- Experience length: 0-2yrs