Job Description And Responsibilities
The Africa Fintech Accelerator Manager role supports the CEMEA Product, Partnerships & Solutions organization and sets out to facilitate the implementation and execution of the Africa Fintech Accelerator program. The successful candidate will be principally responsible for the execution of the Africa Fintech Accelerator program and supporting Visaâs presence and participation within the FinTech ecosystem in Africa.
The role will report to the Senior Director Fintech Accelerator Program CEMEA and will be engaging with key regional personnel to deliver success. Working closely with Visaâs Core Product and Digital Solutions org. as well as other stakeholders such as, Comms, Legal, Finance, Marketing, etc. teams, the role holder will execute partnership agreements and drive activation campaigns.
Develop customized program strategy, objectives and plans to implement and execute the Africa Accelerator program
Align the cross-functional teams on proposals including representation from Legal, Marketing, Product, Operations, Market Research and Technology
Prepare and share regular progress reports regarding the progress of the Visa Accelerator in Africa
Support in the review of investment proposals and presentations
Ensure operational success of the full accelerator cycle from company sourcing through Demo Day
Managing the program schedule, utilizing tools/developing processes to manage program data, building and scheduling the 3-month programming calendar, and organization and execution of Selection Day and Demo Day
Manage the logistics of the application, screening, and onboarding process in partnership with the Program Manager team
Take the lead in solving the problems that arise during the execution of programs with the Program Manager
Creating and delivery of training sessions on Fintech topics or Visa specific products
Report to and interact with CEMEA leadership to indicate the status and progress of the different accelerator initiatives.
Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with the Program Manager and the Visa organization
Maintain strong relationship with the startups in the program, acting as a resource and looking out for relevant partnership opportunities for Visa
Implement network events to support start-ups, inform them about the different Visa initiatives, and connect them with the relevant stakeholders within Visa.
Support relationship management with the Program Manager team and other partners
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- Strong understanding of trends and themes in payments and commerce. Understanding of Visa business and organization strongly preferred
- 5+ years of work experience in payments, new product design, strategy or innovation consulting
- Payments industry/fintechs/digital tech experience or similar relevant experience a plus
- A genuine passion for technology and startups, an entrepreneurial mindset, and an insatiable desire to always be learning
- Extraordinary ability for self-learning and learning by doing, with a demonstrated ability of learning from available documentation and quickly applying it with little direction
- Proven experience in managing complex, cross-functional projects, with the agility and influential skills to work collaboratively with external and internal stakeholders across markets and functions
- Good capabilities to anticipate the needs and requests of multiple stakeholders
- Experience working in/with early-stage companies or other roles that demonstrate experience in above responsibilities
- Strong interest in the discourse around technology, startups, entrepreneurship, and venture capital
- Strong emotional intelligence, active listening skills, and high level of empathy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of Bachelorâs degree. MBA or Master Degree highly desirable
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.