Main Role and Responsibilities:
- Effectively represent Shelter Afrique in Nigeria to achieve business strategy and objectives through the growth of portfolio size, increased profitability, efficiency in the loan origination process, improved portfolio quality and first-class customer service.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- The duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Initiate and lead the identification of customers, partners and projects.
- Loan origination and documentation including identification, structuring, appraisal and presentation for approval.
- Proactively develop a strong pipeline of good quality investment opportunities by employing sector/country knowledge and in line with organisational targets.
- Receive and appraise all requests for financing in accordance with the Lending Policy and present project proposals to Loan Committee.
- Manage relationships with new and existing customers ensuring that all customers have a satisfactory experience of engagement with Shelter Afrique.
- Develop market knowledge to ensure that Shelter Afrique is working with the right partners and delivering on its mandate. Take accountability for client selection and conduct the integrity due diligence of potential clients.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate database on borrowers, investors, governments, institutions and other collaborating agencies which assist inefficient management of the company’s project portfolio and related activities.
- Perform other such duties as may be required from time to time to meet emerging, ad-hoc corporate requirements, and/or respond to internal or external requests
Minimum Qualification & Experience:
- A post-graduate degree in business, finance, banking, economics or a degree related to the construction field (architecture, quantity survey, civil engineering) but with a strong background in finance and economics.
- At least 5 years experience in relevant field and investment experience.
- Should have strong analytical skills, credit analysis, communication, report writing and teamwork skills.
- Work experience in Nigeria is a plus.
- Proven track record in nurturing client relationships; business development.
- Strong business development and client relationship skills, track record and ability to focus on clients ‘needs effectively, notably in a fragile business environment.
- Sound business judgment in identifying potential business partners.
- Strong financial and credit skills; demonstrated ability to conduct the necessary preliminary financial assessment of investment requests.
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management of potential clients, financial and technical partners as well as senior government officials.
- Excellent written and oral skills in English, with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences; Written and oral skills in French is added advantage.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills, working with data, and using standard Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work within deadlines, and to meet team objectives.
- Highly motivated and committed to the highest ethical standards.
- Willingness to travel extensively and geographic flexibility.